Hello. This... is Mom Universe.

Post here if you are new to Poliwager Forums, introducing yourself to the other users of Poliwager Forums!
Forum rules
Welcome to Poliwager Forums! If you are new, please post an introduction topic in this forum to let us all know who you are! Click the "New Topic" button below and create a topic telling us a bit about yourself!
Namadu

#1 Post by Namadu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi! I found this place from a completely unrelated Twitter post by this account. As a very casual Pokémon lover who likes to keep things simple (What's an EV? I only know Eevee!), I thought this might be one of the few communities in the world that might accept a rare case such as myself. It seems quaint and pretty close-knit, so I hope I can become a part of it, even if activity does seem a little low now.

I might take a look at the whole Adoptable thing at some point, but I usually get enough of a Pokémon fix from Pokémon-Amie. =D (Yeah, yeah, I'm a very filthy casual... I just have a huge, unrealistic love for Pokémon, okay!? =P)

Anyway, other interests include lots of other video games (Rune Factory particularly), a few television shows (anyone who recognizes the topic title will know one), and not going to college in two weeks. Except I will be. So, darn.

Also, I use lots of parentheses.

Anyway, I hope I'll enjoy my time here! Thanks for reading through that nightmarish post.

...No, I haven't met with any Poliwag in Pokémon-Amie yet! I'll get there, though! Some day!
There are sweet memories; they live all around us.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi there Namadu! I'm glad someone found us through that Twitter post... Haha, I'm glad you're here! :D I think you're right, this place is a pretty small, close-knit community that's very casual and we definitely love when new people come to join in the fun and hanging out. So I don't think you'll have a problem fitting in here!

I'll also be heading back to college in a few weeks, so I know how you feel!

Anyway, feel free to look around and start some conversations, and don't hesitate to ask me for help if you have any questions! :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Namadu

#3 Post by Namadu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks very much! It says a lot about a forum when the administrator is the first to welcome newcomers. =D Yeah, the Twitter post in question was one of those Pokémon book names... Whether your intent was to get more people here or not, it worked! ;P

Anyway, I'm not the greatest at starting conversations, but perhaps I'll take a look around and see what there is to talk about. Again, I appreciate how approachable this whole place is!

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Chaze the Chat » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 pm

Hello! I'm Slix's friend from real life, Chaze. Feel free to call me Steve; I really don't care. This site is small but we are a tightly knit community; you'll fit right in!

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Namadu

#5 Post by Namadu » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:11 am

Huh... what's this "reel laiff" you speak of? I'm not familiar with it...

But anyway, hi, Steve! Thanks for the welcome! I do like what I'm seeing and hearing of the community so far, and hope I'll be able to get involved in it. =D

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Pirate » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:36 am

Welcome to the forums!
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

evergreenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#7 Post by evergreenn » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello! Hope you're liking it here so far!
It's awesome that you found Poliwager through that post, Slix is always hoping that kind of thing will happen. :P

JigglyPuffSurviver
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#8 Post by JigglyPuffSurviver » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 pm

I know all the above people in real life except for Pirate. I'm Alex! Slix is very passionate about this website, and is always excited when someone new joins, especially from an unexpected tweet. :D
My Taste in Music is Your FACE!

XShinigamiX
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#9 Post by XShinigamiX » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Greetings, fellow Universe-er x'D. I think you'll fit in quite nicely here. Although small it seems, the community is one of the greatest you'll ever fixate your attention on =P
Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal.

Namadu

#10 Post by Namadu » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:42 am

So many welcomes! I was getting a little worried at first that there were only, like, two active members. Maybe I'll have to come here more often! xP ...Even if it does seem like I'm the only one who doesn't really have any personal ties with Slix. Oh well!

But yeah, triple thanks! <3

And yay, another resident of Universe's Universe! =D

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.