Summer Trips?

Have something you want to chat about that's not a focus of another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#11 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:30 pm

That is really cool though! I totally understand wanting to go for a long time, it is hard to get into a totally new culture and invest in it for two weeks, its a better experience to spend more time I am sure! I hope maybe you can get on the forums while you are there and update us in a thread that'd be awesome! yet again I do not know much about technology etc out there!

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#12 Post by fantanoice » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 am

Yeah I'll need to sort out a sim card or something for the trip so I can internet while I'm there
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#13 Post by Crashinggg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes! That would be good I’ll probably do the same even if I’m only there for 6 weeks.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Post by Slix » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Reviving this to update you all on my summer trips I went on! I went to NWMC once again, and had a great time! Then right after that I went up north with my family to our cabin house up there for a weekend and swam and got a little sunburnt. It was a good time there too!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

GingerSteph
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby
Location: Hopefully reading in a hammock somewhere beautiful outside, probably actually crying over hw though

#15 Post by GingerSteph » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm

I'm going camping this weekend with some friends! Who thinks i'm going to be eaten by a bear :shock:

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#16 Post by Crashinggg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 am

Hahaha! The likeliness is rare, just remember not to leave food out and keep your tent closed, I can not think of any more preventative measures besides that! However I know you will be safe! I just got back from a one month trip overseas with a lot of mini trips within it! It was a fun adventure and I am going to miss the people, the food, and the adventure the most. Although I will not miss that I was sick three times :( but it was a lot of fun, and in some distant future there is a slight chance I would go back, but I think right now I feel beyond content just being in the comfort of my own home.

GingerSteph
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby
Location: Hopefully reading in a hammock somewhere beautiful outside, probably actually crying over hw though

#17 Post by GingerSteph » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:34 pm

That's so cool! (As you can see I was not, in fact, eaten by a bear) I really want to travel so I wish i could do something like that. However, I am sure being home after a month must feel like a relief. And hey, you never know, you could have adventures at home until you return or go somewhere else!

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#18 Post by Crashinggg » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Yes I try to make everyday some what of an adventure. We have a nature walk by my house I bike to everyday, I do not talk about it often because it has just been engraved in me as 'my place' but I'd like to share it with someone one day probably, it's really comforting there and I have been exploring it since I was really little.

GingerSteph
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#19 Post by GingerSteph » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 pm

That's so sweet! I wish i had a nature trail near my house. There's a trail at my college but i've explored the whole thing and the surrounding woods by now. It's a nice place to get away from people and stress for a while. Fun fact I have a little scar on my leg because one time i saw a horse in the woods and thought it got loose from a nearby farm so i went charging after it before I found the barbed wire fence... the hard way :lol: . Also there's a little stretch of woods and a creek in my neighborhood and my friend and I used to walk through the creek almost every day in the summer growing up. At one end there are these two huge tunnels that are covered in spray paint that are kinda cool. I may have contributed to a little bit in my rebellious early high school years :D

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#20 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 pm

(Bumping this topic!)

This is a super late update, but last summer in August I took a trip down to the Kleinwood area in Texas for a congregational singing that is held in the mid-part of August every year and I do have to say, after all that singing for a couple of hours I had a tough time talking like normal the next few days! It was fun getting to go and afterwards a bunch of the younger folk (junior high to college age) peeps went to Whataburger nearby and we all had some fun! I got to spend time with my two best friends, and one of them had also had their younger sister with them! I don't know if that will be happening again this year due to COVID-19 but I do hope to hear about y'all's summer trips and fun! :P

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.