What’s Your Thoughts on PFPs?

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#1 Post by NovariusHaze » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:26 pm

I am conducting a study on the concept of pfps and wanted to know what everyone thinks of them and how you view them compared to others. There are five questions as follows.

1. What is the reason behind choosing your current pfp?
2. How does your current pfp represent you?
3. Do you or do you not change your pfp regularly and why?
4. What do pfps mean to you?
(Do they represent a digital face or a method to convey interests?)
5. If you created your pfp, what’s the story behind it?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:07 pm

1. I like Poliwag, and this one is from a card which is very cool and cute.
2. Uhhh, Poliwag. XD
3. I used to change mine more frequently, but I've stuck with this one for a while now. I'm kinda lazy and want to keep it similar across various websites, so it's been easier to keep it the same across them for now.
4. I think it shows others what the person likes, or how they represent themself! Profile pictures (or back in my day, avatars) can be a very easy way to identify someone while scrolling through posts quickly too.
5. I did not create mine! It came from this TCG card: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... _Bonds_37)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

ClaratheBlaziken
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#3 Post by ClaratheBlaziken » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 am

1. Clara is a sort of mascot character at this point, and I've had this character for a long time and she's special to me, plus the username is named after her so it's pretty fitting, lol.

2. Besides what I said above, I suppose she also represents the joyful, fun part of me....it sounds cheesy but idk how else to put it.

3. It depends on what site I go on. On other sites I may change my pfp frequently to what best suits me for the moment or to spice things up (the same pfp may bore me after a long while, for example), but here, I mainly change it if I make a better picture. I'm pretty happy with this one, so I'm keeping it for now.

4. Pfps are a way for people to represent themselves- interests, personality, even memories and so on. For example, someone could have a pfp of a landscape because they have good memories of that place or they might have a pfp of a moth because they think it's pretty and like bugs.

5. There's not really much else of a story behind my pfp that I hadn't already stated; it's mainly just an update drawing of one of my favorite oc's that I liked and thought represented me/the account well. Nothing else too deep.

Icefox101
Poliwhirl Toddler
Poliwhirl Toddler

#4 Post by Icefox101 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:50 pm

As of March 6th, 2024:

1. Well uh... it's Proto Man and I really like him lol
2. In one way, it might portray that I'm a chill person- maybe that's just me. But it's probably more like, "I like this".
3. Usually I give my pfp a month or longer before I change it, but I think the last time I changed this one was back in 2023 or before then XD Honestly, it sounds like a good idea.
4. I think that PFPs are a way for people to express themselves online, and as a way to show themselves online.
5. Well, it's a screenshot from the Ruby-Spears Mega Man cartoon, so I didn't make it. Honestly, I want to draw one out, but I usually get busy with other stuff, forget about it, or I just gotta come up with and make a good one that I'm happy with.
:poliwhirl: Want to take part in a cool, fun, and interactive story? Then come join Poliwager Adventures: Legend of the Mysterious Orbs! :poliwhirl:
|||| |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#5 Post by momoapplegirl » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:37 pm

1. Belle Pikachu is my favorite cosplay Pikachu, and I miss when mainline Pokemon games still used sprites. Pixel art is so cool.
2. I live in the south, and I like electric types. I also have an interest in historical fashion.
3. Poliwager is the only place I use this pfp, and I haven't been active in a few years so I haven't really had the ability to change it. But honestly, I don't really want to. I think it's cute.
4. I think it depends on what the pfp is, but it could display what the person looks like or what they're interested in.
5. I didn't make this! It was made by jozzer26 on DeviantArt.
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#6 Post by Oshi » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:09 am

1. I like this character and get associated with her a lot with my friends. Well that and Kappas.
2. Absolute goober
3. I do change it a lot, mainly for a joke or because I feel like it, but for now I'll stick with this one.
4. Depending on the image, I like to imagine they are that character for the joke. I seen what Slix looks like irl, and it's just a Poliwag.
5. I did not and iirc, it's just a sprite from Disgaea D2, but I pulled this one from the card game.
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.