The Royal Baby

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]

What will the new baby royal be called?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 am

George
50%
Harold
No votes
William
No votes
John
50%
Edward
No votes
Albert
No votes
Charles
No votes
Micheal
No votes
Henry
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 2

Asha
Donor
Donor

#1 Post by Asha » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 am

As many of you may or may not know Prince William (2nd in line to the throne of England) and his wife Kate Middleton have had a baby boy this week. He weighed 8lb 6oz so he was a big one.

The debate that is now going on in England is what will the baby be called. Many people are placing bets on the name George to be used.

The poll shows names currently the most bet on in the UK.

Have you heard about this story of our 3rd in line to the throne? If so what do you think they will call him.

My Adoptable Army

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh Brits..... ;)
ImageImage

Asha
Donor
Donor

#3 Post by Asha » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I believe I'm one of very few Brits on this forum ;) probably the only active Brit on here ;)

Well the baby was named yesterday and his name is George Alexander Louis Mountbatten-Windsor... well that's a mouthful. :lol:

My Adoptable Army

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#4 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:12 pm

so he'll be king in like 50 years? haha
It'll be really weird when the King of England is younger than me....
ImageImage

Asha
Donor
Donor

#5 Post by Asha » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 pm

He is third in line so yeah 50-60 years haha :lol: he won't have long on the throne unless Prince William (his father) abdicates which I doubt.

My Adoptable Army

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Pirate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 am

I'm conflicted about how I feel about this kid. I mean, good for him, he's healthy, royal, and rich but sucks to be born into a such a cold-hearted family (I mean the royals, not the Middletons).
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

Asha
Donor
Donor

#7 Post by Asha » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 pm

I agree the Royal family is very cold hearted APART from William and Harry, they are the most human of the whole family probably due to their mother Princess Diana.

I feel this child will be loved by the nation just like her father and uncle and mother before them.

My Adoptable Army

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#8 Post by Pirate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 pm

I agree William and Harry are the most human but personally I don't like them either. I can't understand people whose mother was probably one of the best mothers ever but act like she either doesn't exist or never died. (but it's not like I read everything the brothers do so I'm just guessing that they don't from what I have read)

Asha
Donor
Donor

#9 Post by Asha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 am

From what I am led to believe there was a conspiracy theory. The theory suggests the Queen plotted to remove Diana as she was 'too human', the public loved Diana more than the queen herself, also as we know Prince Charles was in love with Camilla (who he is now married to), as William and Harry were only young when Diana was killed, I'm presuming that due to the hate within the royal family for Diana they stopped mentioning her and thus William and Harry never got the answers to her death they may want.

I don't know whether the above is true its just one of the theories about how a princess loved by the world was killed in an assassination attempt.

I have the most respect for William and Harry as they both went out and made something of themselves despite the royal background. I mean Harry risks his neck and goes on duty to fight for this country, I once saw an interview with him in which it was cut short because the base came under attack, Harry didn't sit there and finish the interview he instantly ran over to assist in the defence. Much respect for that Royal.

My Adoptable Army

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#10 Post by Pirate » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm

The part with the Queen hating Diana is true. If I remember correctly, the public was totally pissed off at the Queen after Diana died because she (the Queen) didn't do something regarding Diana's death. I think it was that the Queen or her office or whatever didn't make a statement mourning Diana's death or something. I really, really hate Prince Charles.

It wasn't an assassination attempt. The paparazzi were chasing her car and she died because she wasn't wearing a seat belt. There are crap ton of conspiracy theories about it though. One of the ones I've heard was that someone was trying to kill Diana's boyfriend, not her. She was just collateral damage.

William serves too, right? He's a pilot? Or is that Harry?

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.