Nintendo 2DS

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#1 Post by Pirate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Nintendo just announced that it is releasing a new handheld system called the 2DS on October 12 alongside Pokemon X&Y. It's basically the same as the 3DS except no 3D feature and you can't close it. It can still play 3DS games, can still take pictures in 3D, access to Nintendo eShop is also the same. Price is $130.

Source
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 pm

It's an interesting decision. On one hand, many people may get it for the price point and the fact that it's out the same day as X and Y. On the other hand, it removes 3D and the ability to close it (could cause scratches easier, less portable). So I guess we'll end up seeing if it's going to be a success, but I won't be getting one.

It might also cause confusion to new customers (parents and younger kids and people not paying attention to the news as much) since it would seem that the 2DS came before the 3DS and therefore not as new and good.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#3 Post by Pirate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Video: click this one

I probably won't get it. Too worried about scratching the screen (though they will be releasing special cases and such)
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Chaze the Chat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 pm

The idea is a good one (reduce cost by removing 3D), but the design is godawful. They should have just made it look like a normal 3DS, what the Pikachu were they thinking with the design? Your pockets must have to be huge to carry that beast around with you! And talk about screen cracks lol. I guess I'm all for a 2DS, but not for THE 2DS, if that makes sense.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#5 Post by Jolteon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:30 pm

^What Chaze said. Honestly, if it closed, I might get it--I wasn't going to get a 3DS because I don't do much handheld gaming anymore, so it wouldn't be worth the expense, and I wasn't real crazy about 3D anyway. This would solve both of my problems, but the design is just bizarre. I'd like to see what it looks like in someone's hands, because it looks really bulky and awkward to hold in the picture.
CHAZE used A BIT OF PROPER GRAMMER! It doesn't affect wild SNEAKACHU...
SMEEL used SHOTGUN! Critical Hit!
SLIX used CHARM! A wild BABE appeared!
STONE used MY LITTLE PONY! It's super effective!
AQUIL used RIBS! Foe WORLD fainted!
A wild GLUTTONY appeared! PIRATICE fainted!
A wild OC appeared! POLIWAGER fainted!

The Blue Bandito
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Under your bed with a camera and a jar of fat-free mayonaise

#6 Post by The Blue Bandito » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 pm

if this sells more than the 3ds did in its first month, I will eat my shoes. you can hold me to that.
That’s it, laughter, it’s the key to everything! It’s the way to solve all the sadness in the world! Being a comedian isn’t being an insensitive prick capitalizing on the most animalistic impulses of the public, it’s being a hero! The world isn’t sad, the world’s funny! I'm a sociopath! Tragedy will be exclusively joked about, because my empathy is bumming me out.

Goodbye sadness! Hello jokes.

BLEACHIchigo1
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#7 Post by BLEACHIchigo1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 pm

It´s nothing for me, maybe I would use it so:
http://www.google.de/imgres?biw=1280&bi ... 1,s:0,i:85

freaking-ray-of-sunshine
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#8 Post by freaking-ray-of-sunshine » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 pm

I like the concept since it made it a lot cheaper to play the 3DS games. The fact that you can't close it bothers me though.
I originally kind of flipped out when I first heard about a new DS coming out though since I thought that meant all the new games coming out would go only to that one (similar to how all games began being made only for the 3DS). I was afraid I would have to buy a whole new one.
The Acro Bike: What the Remakes Really Need.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.