The Debate Topic

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#1 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Here, we debate on issues happening in our daily lives.

Slix edit: Please don't let this get out of hand. I shouldn't have to say this, but if it is, report it and don't argue more about the given topic.
ImageImage

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#2 Post by Pirate » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 pm

what do you guys think of current status of education in the US?
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#3 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 am

Obviously is falling behind to other countries. But I feel like this process is natural. Countries that are really rich and powerful are more likely to spoil their children and protect them from hard work. Poorer countries are more likely to push their children to become better so they'll lead a better life than their parents. I feel like this shift has occurred in the past going from Europe to the US, where Europe was rich and US was poor, eventually, the US became #1. Now in the 2000s, it's shifting from the US to Asia. Eventually, Asia will be the world leaders. That's my explanation for why Asians are so "smart". My prediction is that centuries later, you'll see Africa and South America as the world leaders and it will keep cycling.

Anyways, back to the original. Kids are stupid in the US these days and it's not the schools fault. We're just not as motivated. Kids in Asia go to school from 7-4 and then they have after school tutoring from 6-9. Then they come back and do their homework. We're just too lazy and spoiled to do that. Eventually Asia will gain power and they too will become lazy.

:poliwag:
ImageImage

Asha
Donor
Donor

#4 Post by Asha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:03 am

I don't live in the US but from what I've heard and seen via xbox is that most americans are always on it. I don't know how true this is but on my xbox 360 black ops it has a map saying which continent has the biggest players at that moment, and 9 times out of 20 it is the US.

However in regards to the topic in my country, Our education is the greatest but it is good enough to produce many future inventors etc.

My Adoptable Army

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#5 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:42 am

@Gonzo, there are a ton of players online from the US because US is the 3rd most populous country! China and India are the top two but they are too poor to play XBOX. Is the UK that good in education? I know they have it for free and I'm really jealous for that. But countries in Asia push their children hard and their education is huge.
ImageImage

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Pirate » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 am

UK isn't that great. Their universities aren't all that. But the easiest system is the Canadian one :P
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#7 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Why canadian? I think they have a few good universities. The UK's universities are kinda like Massachusetts'. The US has more good colleges but the UK has a better percentage.
ImageImage

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.