One step at a time

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#1 Post by Gluttony » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 pm

This is an idea I've had for awhile, but it's the first time I've thought of making a topic for it.

Basically the point of this topic is to set a goal for yourself to learn how to do something, and then to achieve it and move on to setting the next goal. I find it's easier for me to do soemthing when I tell other people I'm going to do it, so this also works as a sort of encouragement.

One rule: All the goals you set here have to be achievable, and not goals that'll take a lot of time and investment to accomplish. That's essentially meant to keep the topic active. For example it's reasonable to say "I'm going to learn to play chess" (assuming you don't know how to play it already) but it's not reasonable to say "I'm going to learn to play chess at a professional level" because that's something that would take a lot of time to accomplish.

My first goal: I'm going to learn some basic cooking skills. I'll be at my parents' home over the holidays where we actually have a stove, so it's the perfect time to do this one.

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#2 Post by Pirate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:05 pm

The goal I should have at the moment is to finish my college application.

But since this involves learning something, my goal is to learn how to successfully create a custom YouTube Channel background.
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.