Thrift Shops!

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I have spent my whole life going in an out of a little store called St.Vincent De Paul affectionately known to me as St.Vinnies. This was a little thrift store I loved to go to on weekends with my parents to donate and look at old things I called call my own. Then Good Will came into my life and I was in donation central. So my question to you all is what is your favorite thrift store and what is your favorite thrift store purchase?

I have to say my favorite book purchase is Perks of Being a Wallflower I recommend the book and movie to everyone.
Also all of the cd's I have bought from there has been great I recommend Savage Garden it is a great cd.

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#2 Post by fantanoice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 am

We have St Vinnies here as well. There's also the Salvation Army ('Salvos') which are huge here. I try to avoid Salvos because they actively donate to places that erase gay people which is awful imo. I typically visit the smaller ones.

We also call them 'Op' (Opportunity) Shops but since that song came out a bunch have rebranded themselves
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#3 Post by Crashinggg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm

I enjoy the small non franchised thrift stores as well they're very sweet and you can find lots of cool stuff. I have not ever heard the phrase opportunity shops, but I understand the rebranding. :P

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:52 pm

I love thrift shops because I always go in hoping to find some old tech or music or something random, and sometimes I find something cool, but sometimes I don't. The good thing is, the prices are usually good!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#5 Post by fantanoice » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:34 am

Went to one here in Japan and scored a pair of Doc Martens for about $130 cheaper than in the regular stores
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#6 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:13 pm

That sounds like the best kind of thrift store! If I could thrift all day everyday I probably would. My friends and I occasionally go out thrifting it’s definitely one of my favorite things to do!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.