Swimming Around~

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 am

Do you go swimming in the summer? How about in the winter? Do you know how to swim well? What strokes do you know?

I taught myself to swim about 8 years ago, so I'm naturally really good at it (ok, not really... :P). I generally don't go swimming unless I'm with friends and it's hot out or something, but I enjoy being in the water sometimes.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

bezo93
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#2 Post by bezo93 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 pm

I don't go swimming much any more - pretty much only when I go on holiday with my brother each winter (holidays in the snow are the best! I hate heat, the sun, and everything that comes with the sun, like flies :|). I used to be very good at it though - compete at regional and (once, in junior relay) national level in my local swim club type good. I know every stroke, but my favourites are breast stroke (the one I'm best at) and butterfly (which I'm not as good at, but flailing around like a stranded dolphin to give my coach palpitations in the build up to a gala was always fun :P). I can still swim the length of an Olympic pool underwater in one breath and prefer swimming underwater, even if it isn't actually legal when entering a real race!
"Creativity is intelligence having fun."

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.