Older Vs Modern

Have something you want to chat about that's not a focus of another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 pm

This is a general discussion about what you guys prefer as far as fashion, furniture, houses and technology and if you prefer them to be modern or older!

I am in love with older furniture! My grandpa and dad always had what they considered "the chair" in the living rooms and it was always the center of the living room so I came to adore and admire this sort of 'tradition' and reality we had that older chairs were just amazing and that we had to always have one that was amazingly comfortable and a treasure. I also really like older desks with cub bards and the pull over "desk covers" if anyone can picture them, they just have always seemed neat to me.

Older technology is cool and I know a few people ;P really into it and that has been passed on to me a bit and I have gained an appreciation for it as well!

Older houses with what most people would call "character" are also really cool and I know a lot of people look at these houses and consider them to be "lots of work" and just a big renovation project, but if I could find one that does not need a lot of renovation or is just already set, I would love it! Quite possibly a modern house with an older feel would work too, as long as I can put my "chair", yarn and some yarn shelves in there, with a nice little kitchen I would be rearing to move in! For now it looks like I will be moving back with my mom for a bit after college though :P college and bills are tough to handle guys! Take your time growing up haha!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 pm

I think a good mix of older and modern things can be good. Too much modern stuff creates a feeling of sterility, and too much old stuff creates a feeling of antiqueness, I think.

I have a lot of older technology mixed with my newer tech. For instance, I have a new flat screen TV, with an Apple TV plugged into it, among other game systems, from the Sega Genesis to the GameCube, and the stereo system I have is probably at least 20 years old at this point, but it still sounds nice! My older Macs are more of a novelty for me, just for fun, but sometimes I use them in conjunction with my newer Mac to do various tasks, so they still have some use.

I think older furniture has some character too! It's hard to put into words how, but my family has passed down chairs and couches and stuff over the years, and they just have a nice comfortable feel to them. I do have some newer furniture too, like a fairly new desk and dresser and TV stand. So it really all depends. I think I think this way because I'm more of a thrifty type than some, so I just use what I can and make do with whatever in whatever ways I can. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#3 Post by KOBY15 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm

I like both! Most of the furniture in my house is more modern because that is the way that my family likes it but I like to collect older things. I have a small collection of cassettes and a much much larger collection of records that are mainly old classical or country music. I never listen to them but my mom found them at a garage sale and they were pretty cheap. Since she knows I collect cassettes she bought me the boxes of records! I also have a mix of older and modern video games. I have my Super Nintendo and my Super Gameboy (a cartridge for the SNES that plays Gameboy games) That I play every now and then but also have some newer games for the PS4.

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.