Fears

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#21 Post by Gluttony » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:14 pm

I dunno, I always hear about it online but I've never heard of varsity in real life either.

Maybe it's some American thing? Or maybe it's my lack of sports knowledge that makes me not know about this.

Nixen Oha
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#22 Post by Nixen Oha » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 pm

LMAO nobody knows what varsity is lolololololol

(S-I-SI-G-A-M-I) (Shishigami! Bang! Bang!)

3DS FC: 2234 7197 0899

greenskeleton
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#23 Post by greenskeleton » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm

needles. I kinda got over it though xD

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#24 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Gonzo wrote:Erm whats varsity? :S
Okay you lame British/Canadian people...lol
Varsity is top of your high school's sport. Usually a highschool sport consist of 3 teams.Freshman/Sophmore (Frosh Soph), Junior Varsity (JV). and Varsity. In that order of greatness. Most people spend a year or two on each team but really good people spend 3 or 4 years on Varsity. Basically varsity means, I'm one of the best players in the entire school, SUCK IT! You also get this really neat jacket that cost 300 dollars but you wear it and it proclaims..LOOK AT ME I'M ON VARSITY!!!.
Varsity games are the ones that fans go to, usually F/S and JV teams no one cares. So if someone says their on Varsity football or Varsity lacrosse or Varsity wrestling, it's pretty beast.
ImageImage

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#25 Post by Gluttony » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

So... It means you're a jock?

Meh, I don't care about sports. I will suck nothing.

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#26 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm

not always...though that is the stereotype. One thing that I've noticed is in my 'average/dumb' classes..the athletes there are your "jocks". But their only on F/S or JV. But in my honor classes, the athletes aren't your "jocks" yet they're on varsity. Besides sports have been proven to raise your academics so athletes don't always mean stupid, shallow jerks.
ImageImage

Nixen Oha
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#27 Post by Nixen Oha » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 pm

OCtrackiepacsg1 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Erm whats varsity? :S
Okay you lame British/Canadian people...lol
Varsity is top of your high school's sport. Usually a highschool sport consist of 3 teams.Freshman/Sophmore (Frosh Soph), Junior Varsity (JV). and Varsity. In that order of greatness. Most people spend a year or two on each team but really good people spend 3 or 4 years on Varsity. Basically varsity means, I'm one of the best players in the entire school, SUCK IT! You also get this really neat jacket that cost 300 dollars but you wear it and it proclaims..LOOK AT ME I'M ON VARSITY!!!.
Varsity games are the ones that fans go to, usually F/S and JV teams no one cares. So if someone says their on Varsity football or Varsity lacrosse or Varsity wrestling, it's pretty beast.
You just got cultured nii! 8)

(S-I-SI-G-A-M-I) (Shishigami! Bang! Bang!)

3DS FC: 2234 7197 0899

Asha
Donor
Donor

#28 Post by Asha » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 am

I get it :P

See we have nothing like that here xD

My Adoptable Army

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#29 Post by Gluttony » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 am

Ah the academic sports people. I have met one such girl come to think of it.

She got literally every award the school gave out that she could possibly qualify for, regardless of whether it was Academic, athletic, or extracurricular, and was in pretty much every club and team there was (aside from the boys teams obviously). She also cried once in grade 9 when she nearly didn't get straight 90s on her report card (she did get straight 90s, but one of them was exactly 90 which is why she cried), and once successfully argued that she deserved more than 100% in the course and got her mark boosted to 105%. I'm pretty sure she ended up getting a full scholarship into whatever college or university she wanted.

I, who struggled just to make it into university and boosted my mark by 44% in my worst subject to get in despite the fact that that still put me below the school's minimum acceptance average, am kind of resentful. T_T

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#30 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm

I don't know if it sounds egotistic or not, but that's what I feel like I would be classified under.The only thing I can't seem to master is the fashion/beauty/social aspect :(.

Fears: Not winning the Shakespeare contest in English class.
ImageImage

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.