New Section of the Site: Kara's Flowers

What's that song? Post about music here!
Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Post by Chaze the Chat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 pm

When Poliwager first started, we were just a humble Pokemon information site ran by a guy who loved Poliwag. There was very unique information here that was provided by Slix, just trying to think different.

Then came the forums. This is when popularity boomed. It was still a Pokemon information site, but most of the activity came from the forums. It was quite popular for quite some time.

After the forums came the adoptables, which we could consider a slow burn. Even if it started off slow, it quickly picked up speed and became one of our most popular features here at Poliwager.

After the adoptables was added, however, the information side of the site became sort of a "historical" part of the site instead of an active portion of Poliwager. It's there, but so many other sites list tons of information that it's hard to be unique...when it comes to Pokemon, that is.

Today, however, Slix and I would like to announce the newest section of our website: the Kara's Flowers information site! Who, or what, is Kara's Flowers? I am glad you asked.

Kara's Flowers was a band active from 1994 to 2001. Why have we heard of them and you haven't? Another excellent question. Because technically, they are one of the most popular bands in the world right now.

In 2001, Kara's Flowers changed their name, and in 2002, released their first album under their new name. The album? Songs About Jane, and the new name? Maroon 5. I'm sure you know of them.

Slix and I consider ourselves huge fans of Kara's Flowers, and we've been thinking about ways to get them more well known: whether it be doing a video on them on YouTube, or just telling our friends, which actually has worked pretty well. And since we are all friends here, we figure we should share them all with you!

Information about them is quite hard to find. If you have a lot of time to spare or whatever, you could search some websites, or maybe even use Wayback machine to go on their old website and find out information like that. But wouldn't it be much easier to have a direct source of information: written very well and contained on just one website? With this new project, we can.

Slix and I have been talking about this idea for a few days, and we really love this idea. We already have ideas for pages we can write and other resources we can use.

If you're interested in listening to them to see why we're so excited about this project, their official album, The Fourth World, is on iTunes, and if you have Spotify, it is also available for listening there as well. In addition, if you do some searching, you'll also be able to find their unreleased album: Stagg Street Recordings. And if you love that album, they also have a third album called "...We Like Digging?" It came out before both of the other albums
and kind of sucks
and was released while they were in High School. They also have other songs as well, but we'll get to those when we write about them when this section actually goes live.

Are you excited for this brand new section of the site? How did you feel about the Fourth World? Do you have any ideas for pages? Tell us below!

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#2 Post by Nitra999 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Well, this is old, but it does sound awesome!
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.