Christmas/ Holiday Music!

What's that song? Post about music here!
KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#1 Post by KOBY15 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:00 pm

The holiday season is pretty much here so I decided I'd make thread for discussing holiday music! Do you like Christmas or holiday music? If so, do you have any favorites? Are there any songs that annoy you? I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on them!

My religion celebrates Yule or the Winter Solstice. And even though you won't hear them on the radio, there are some pretty good yule songs. A lot of them are just covers of regular Christmas songs but my favorites are The Christians and The Pagans by Dar Williams, Bring Back the Light by Gypsy Ravish, and Santa Claus is Pagan Too by Emerald Rose. As far as traditional songs go, I really like the Little Drummer Boy!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#2 Post by Oshi » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am

I don't really mind the christmas music.
I don't remember the name, but me liking instrumental music, my favorit is the the one that sounds way too cool to be a christmas song.
you know the one.
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:44 pm

I generally don't listen to Christmas music until it's December. I'm one of those people. :P

I don't really like all the traditional songs they play everywhere since the dawn of time, but I do enjoy some of the more obscure stuff I've discovered in recent years. Notably, the Barenaked Ladies For The Holidays album and Sufjan Stevens' Silver & Gold albums are really good. Here are some good examples:

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.