Old Music

What's that song? Post about music here!
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 am

Hey guys! I just had a discussion with my friends yesterday about what classifies music as "old" how old do you think music has to be to call it old? What decade, time period, or year, would you use to dictate that a song is old?

For me anything before the 80s is old to me, because I grew up with a lot of 80s music, I consider it to just be a ''normal' sound that I grew up with. I don't look at it as retro, or old I look at it as music I enjoy listening to and music that is honestly better than most songs we have today! I know a lot of you would consider this weird as when we think of that time and the people from that time we would probably say they are old :P but not to me, not yet at least haha! I do enjoy seeing how much music has changed through time and although some music today is not as good as it used to be, it is crazy how far we have come through things like music videos, technology we use to make music, and the ways we listen to music!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 pm

At this point, I feel like "old" music to a lot of people is anything before like 2005. :P But I'd honestly say probably before the 90s for me, since I grew up with lots of 90s music, and the 80s timeline of music was truly before my time, even though I know a lot of the music from then and earlier.

Truly, though, 50s music and earlier, is old. I don't really listen to any of that haha.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#3 Post by KOBY15 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm

In my opinion to be old it has to be a few years old but some songs are definitely older than others

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.