Old Movies/Television Shows

What TV show are you watching these days? What did you see on your last trip to the movie theater? Talk about it here!
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Hey guys, I realized my question about music can be applied here and in video games as well! So, what do you think makes a television show old? The time it aired, when it stopped airing, or just the fact that it might not be on television anymore?

For me I think I consider television shows from before 1990 to be old! I do not really consider shows that do not air anymore on television to be old, because we have things now like Netflix and stuff that will circulate them and shows that I watched when I was younger might not air at all anymore, but I would still consider them to be still with 'modern' times so to say. Also just because I do not watch these shows anymore does not mean they are old, like Barney :P I do not watch it anymore, but that means I am older, not the television show itself!

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#2 Post by Chaze the Chat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 pm

I normally consider things old after they are done airing. Sesame Street, for example, is from 1969 but I don't consider it old.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#3 Post by Crashinggg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 am

I can understand that, I would probably consider it more of an aging show if that makes sense. It is constantly changing to reach the current age group that would be watching it. Like Elmo has a new theme song and a phone which is what the kids now a day can relate to. Although I do not completely agree with the fact that they have given Elmo a phone, since I believe kids can wait longer for technology even though it is available to them, kids are quick learners and will not be left behind if they do not use it right away. :P

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Chaze the Chat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 pm

While that is true, I do not believe it's really any different from giving a child a video game system back in the 90s. When I was 5, I was given a PlayStation, and back then, that was a really new piece of technology that I feel like people would say nowadays "ugh, when I was 5 I didn't have a PlayStation, I feel like they can wait." I guess this is a bit different because I'm not sure what a child would use a phone for besides playing games on it, but yeah lol.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#5 Post by Crashinggg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 am

I think phones are a little different for sure, because I agree I don’t know what they could use them for besides games. :P When we have not cheaper, but more long term affordable systems and devices that can be used just for games for kids. I don’t know, it’s a touchy subject for most parents I feel. Especially when kids want phones earlier now.

Icefox101
Poliwhirl Toddler
Poliwhirl Toddler

#6 Post by Icefox101 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:35 pm

I've been recently watching The Twilight Zone and the 1960's Addams family. Have to say, I like the two shows, just like any other tv show, there are episodes that are more or less enjoyable than others
:poliwhirl: Want to take part in a cool, fun, and interactive story? Then come join Poliwager Adventures: Legend of the Mysterious Orbs! :poliwhirl:
|||| |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.