Toy Story 3 or Shrek Forever After

What TV show are you watching these days? What did you see on your last trip to the movie theater? Talk about it here!
elephantluvr
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#11 Post by elephantluvr » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 pm

I haven't seen either of them, but considering the Shrek movies got progressively worse, I would guess Toy Story :P

Shadow
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#12 Post by Shadow » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Oh no competition, so Toy Story 3.
Toy Story is one of few films in existence(especially Disney and/or Pixar) which has sequels with great story lines rather than just some Ben Browder prequel or in-betweenquel or knock off storyline they just throw together for money. Disney alone has done a great deal of that over the past several years and it absolutely shames Walt's name. He believed solely in the enjoyment of kids and families not money making despite coming from a pretty poor family.
Pixar is always very original and creative. I believe Toy Story and now Cars are there only films with sequels (Cars did not need a sequel and it doesn't look that great but I have not seen it but it would be their first flop, that's excusable). I enjoyed Toy Story 3, I loved that it touched on Andy's growing up and how Woody had to finally come to face what he was warned of in the second one when he learned of Jesse's Emily. That was so very clever. My only slight beef is that the bear was very like the prospector.

Shrek may not be Disney but the franchise displays the same shame after the second one. The last two sucked.

wolfhunt5677
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#13 Post by wolfhunt5677 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 pm

shrek even though i saw toy story 3 but not shrek ..... weird
Image my mudkip :P

Shadow
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#14 Post by Shadow » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:30 pm

wolfhunt5677 wrote:shrek even though i saw toy story 3 but not shrek ..... weird
Um, you can't rightfully make that choice if you haven't seen the films.
You can base a sequel based on the rest of it's franchise, just because a film is good does not nearly indicate that it's sequels will be. Shrek Forever After is basically the umpteenth 'It's a Wonderful Life' spoof. Lame! XP

HLG Teddy
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#15 Post by HLG Teddy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 am

I say toy story because even though they delayed it lots of years, they left it with a good finish and a ending I didn't expect to happen. Shrek.. Ehhh to obvious of what was gonna happen
ImageImageImageImageImage

smallboy11
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#16 Post by smallboy11 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:42 am

Never saw any but judging from the statistic's Toy Story 3 was a much bigger success.
Please Click:

My Mewtwo Team:

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#17 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 am

I don't listen to the ratings. They are a couple of people's opinions, it doesn't mean that they are going to think like you do. 99% of the time I disagree with them.
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

smallboy11
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#18 Post by smallboy11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 am

Actually it was one of the top 10 best movies of the year.
Please Click:

My Mewtwo Team:

Logan
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#19 Post by Logan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 am

Toy Story 3
:D My Eggs Are Unhatched So Can You ummmm I Dont know Shake it up and break it with a hammer for me :lol:

Metaright
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#20 Post by Metaright » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 pm

The last two Shrek movies were real busts, in my opinion. One the other hand, Toy Story 3 is pretty much a cinematic masterpiece.

Also, bump, because why not?
"Making sense?" Oh, what fun is there in making sense...?

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.