A book you wish you hadn’t read!

It's easy to get lost in a good book. When you're taking a break from reading, post about it here!
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Mon May 28, 2018 10:23 pm

When I was little I would read books regardless of enjoying them, for school and just to see how they ended. One book I wish I never had started in Highschool was “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Everytime I would open it during class reading time I would fall asleep after like one paragraph. Who else has dealt with this “terrible book syndrome?”

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#2 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Well tbh I didn't like reading The Great Gatsby for my AP Literature class this past year in high school since everytime I read it my mind would trail off and I would have to read it all over again of whatever I was trying to read! D:

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#3 Post by Crashinggg » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 pm

That sounds awful. I never read it, but I know a lot of 'popular' anything is just over hyped and over liked by a few people, when really the general public probably does not like it that much.

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Honestly and the people get rich because of it when honestly it was all a ruse xD

GingerSteph
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby
Location: Hopefully reading in a hammock somewhere beautiful outside, probably actually crying over hw though

#5 Post by GingerSteph » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:43 pm

OMG ANGRY GRAPES. I had to read the Grapes of Wrath as summer work for AP English one year. I feel asleep reading it and hated it so much I convinced my entire class to call it angry grapes.

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#6 Post by Crashinggg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 pm

PoisonIvey1998 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm Honestly and the people get rich because of it when honestly it was all a ruse xD
Lol yes! It is so bogus!

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#7 Post by Crashinggg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:27 pm

GingerSteph wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:43 pm OMG ANGRY GRAPES. I had to read the Grapes of Wrath as summer work for AP English one year. I feel asleep reading it and hated it so much I convinced my entire class to call it angry grapes.
Honestly a moment I would be extremely proud of :P I have not heard much about it, but I bet it is bad. I think people thing reading is supposed to make us always fall asleep sometimes and provoke thought. When sometimes we just want to escape reality!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 pm

I have never read the book but I did watch the play of it at my school my sophomore year in high school and it was really good and very funny in some parts! XD I was in Theatre and I had gotten more involved and also got to watch a few practices but I think maybe if i were to read the book I don't think it would be that bad. :P

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#9 Post by Crashinggg » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 pm

See I enjoy things like that I think plays of things definitely give it a little bit of a good spin and acting can for sure take things in a good direction.

Icefox101
Poliwhirl Toddler
Poliwhirl Toddler

#10 Post by Icefox101 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:15 pm

So when I was in 5th grade, one of my friends had told me about this book called "Candy Floss". It seemed really cool to me at that time and it had this really cool cover. But then all the sudden... *drum roll please*, I started reading it and it was SUPER boring. It seemed like days when I got passed chapter 2, because for me, I read faster when I enjoy books. Also the boring thing about the book was that there would be three pages of the main character doing the exact same thing. There was not really anything in the book's plot, like bullies the main character could stand up to.
:poliwhirl: Want to take part in a cool, fun, and interactive story? Then come join Poliwager Adventures: Legend of the Mysterious Orbs! :poliwhirl:
|||| |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.