Le Parkour - The Art Of Movement

Little leagues, big leagues, or anything in between, talk about it here!
Asha
Donor
Donor

#1 Post by Asha » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Ahh this art is my life, quite honestly. So in this thread we basically discuss:
-Parkour
-Movement
-Conditioning
-Nutrition
-Free Running
And whatever else crops up :)

Okay some background for those unsure on what it is:
"Parkour is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment." - American Parkour

Although not traditionally thought of as the definition to parkour, I feel that this is the closest you will get to defining this lifestyle.

Now for some words, written by me on my parkour teams website :) :
To the untrained eye parkour may look very easy however, this lifestyle/sport takes many years of dedication, discipline and practice. Parkour is a constantly progressing movement, nobody can ever become the best in every environment as not every environment is the same.

Like starting any new activity you wish to know the benefits of doing it, with parkour we expect the same. The personal benefits you can get from parkour is limitless, apart from fitness and health, the friendships you find and create can last many years. If you can't find a parkour buddy to practice with you, you can find many hundreds of communities on-line.

Now the man I am about to show you a picture of is the man who made parkour commercial (We've been running over rocks for years xD)

This man goes by the name of DAVID BELLE, he was in the first parkour team which also included Sebastien Foucan and Stephen Vigiroux.

So yeah that should be enough for you to drool over. xD If you want to see some more Astir Parkour stuff let me know :)

My Adoptable Army

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#2 Post by Gluttony » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:29 pm

My hair would likely make parkour difficult. At least that's what I assume.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#3 Post by Asha » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm

How long is your hair? My friends hair is down to his shoulders and he can do it xD

My Adoptable Army

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Chaze the Chat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Gonzo wrote:How long is your hair? My friends hair is down to his shoulders and he can do it xD
If I recall, she had stated earlier that her hair is about 3 feet long, maybe more. ?

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#5 Post by Asha » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm

3 feet long! Wow xD

I dunno if that would work xD

My Adoptable Army

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Ostrid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 pm

It would be an interesting sight. Hey asha. By any chance have you or your team ever made a successful gainer(don't know if I spelled thy right. But I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.)

OCtrackiepacsg1
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#7 Post by OCtrackiepacsg1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm

I thought that was you for a second. I was about to say...ooo asha!
ImageImage

Asha
Donor
Donor

#8 Post by Asha » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 am

We haven't as of yet... mainly due to the fact the only we can practise that sort of thing is well.... no where :L Not much safe things to try it on here.

And the sports centre and school refuse to let us borrow the gyms for flipping. As we need a "professional" with us -.-

My Adoptable Army

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.