Reflecting on the Nintendo 3DS

Talk about computers, operating systems, non-Pokemon video games, or anything technology related here.
KentRippo
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#1 Post by KentRippo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:20 am

So i'm pretty excited to be getting a replacement battery for my Original 3DS on Monday and i've been thinking about the incredible library this system has amassed over the course of its years! seeing as we're near the end of the 3DS's lifespan, I thought now would be a great time to reflect on it.

what are your favorite games on the system?
When did you get yours?
What model / color?
and what was your best memory with the system?

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#2 Post by fantanoice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 am

Virtue's Last Reward, like 999 was great but this really blew my mind with what you can do with interactive narratives.
I got my regular 3DS at launch. I won a $200 gift card from a competition I don't remember entering so that paid off most of it. XD Got my 3DS XL a few years later, can't remember how long after.
3DS is blue, XL is the Limited Edition Yoshi one.
Uuuhhh, I won a Mario Kart 7 tournament with it, I guess that?
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 pm

I waited quite a while to get my 3DS XL, Pikachu edition. I got it when that model came out, shortly after Pokémon X and Y were announced, in March of 2013. I initially spent a lot of time playing White 2 on it, since I had just gotten both of them. My best memory with it probably was playing X and Y with my friends when it first came out, and then also all the StreetPasses I still get, but when I went to Disney World in 2013, I got about 200 that week haha. I still play mine a ton, now with Ultra Sun as my main game at the moment.

Other than Pokémon games, I've only played Kid Icarus, and Super Smash Bros. Both good games. :P

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.