Choice of 3DS?

Talk about computers, operating systems, non-Pokemon video games, or anything technology related here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm

So I've yet to buy a 3DS, but after seeing the Pikachu 3DS XL announced, I've been considering getting that instead of a regular red 3DS. I have a DS Lite right now, so the larger 3DS XL size would obviously be noticeable, but I really would like to take advantage of Target's deal of it at $160 in a few weeks on the Pikachu edition. I also do like the more sleek look similar to that of the Lite's on the XL. I don't know how it would compare to my experience with my Lite and that's the only reason I'm posting this and wanting advice!

Thoughts? Anyone have an XL and want to share their opinions?

Thanks!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Pirate
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#2 Post by Pirate » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 pm

The only DS I have is from the Red Hot Bundle so I can't comment on the Lite vs. XL. But I will say take the deal since it's a pretty good price. $40 can pay for another game.

And there are a lot of good games coming out for the 3DS. Including X and Y of course. And if you ever sell your 3DS, it'll be worth more since it's special edition.

Pity no one sells the 3DS model I want (Zelda 3DS or Fire Emblem 3DS).
Joined Poliwager: 10 Sep 2009 3:43 pm PDT
Jr. Mod: 17 Jul 2010 6:57 pm PDT
Mod: 20 Mar 2011 1:20 pm PDT

BLEACHIchigo1
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#3 Post by BLEACHIchigo1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am

I have a 3DS in Aqua Blue and I think, it´s better as DS Lite. I can make Fotos/Videos in 3D, play Demos of new 3DS Games, watch Cinema Trailer, I have a Friendlist and there I can chat and play Games together aout W Lan, it have a Internet Browser, can play all old DS Games, and much more. And I can buy in the E Shop new Games for small money. A Game cost so 2-10€ or10-20€. :) But some 3DS Games are in orginal price (44,99€) and in some Shops, they sell some Games for 40-43€. Also, the 3DS have a 5-8 hour Accu and only smaller Screens as the 3DS XL and a 3DS XL have more Accu.

Commander Saturn
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#4 Post by Commander Saturn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 am

I have a 3DS XL.. I must say, going from the DS Lite to it is a huge difference.. both screen size and experience. Going back to the DS Lite for trading, makes you wonder "how on Earth did I manage to see a screen this tiny!?"

I'd advise getting it, regardless of the Pikachu 3DS XL or not. I'm sure you're gonna have to get it eventually if you're going be playing Pokémon X and Y from October ;) there's a nice selection of games for it as-well!
** Image ** Image

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks for the opinions guys, I kind of forgot to mention it here but I did end up getting one of the few Pikachu 3DS XL's. I love it, and I'm really glad I chose it. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

BLEACHIchigo1
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#6 Post by BLEACHIchigo1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

Have you now a 3DS XL in Pikachu Design? If yes, you can register my friendcode, only if you want. Here my code: 3995-7074-4728 Say your code and we can chat, play games together and send letters about Letter Box. ☆^¬^☆

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.