Hatching Shinys on Pokemon Games

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 pm

What is the coolest shiny you have ever gotten just from hatching eggs? What are the probabilities of getting shinys through hatching and how often have you hatched shiny eggs?

Personally I never have, but I have caught two wild shiny pokemon, a mudbray and a sneasel. That is so far it for me as far as shinys go.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:10 pm

I literally just hatched a shiny Eevee on Ultra Sun yesterday. Random too, I wasn't even trying for it. :P

If you use the Masuda Method (breed a foreign Pokémon with another region's), the odds are much higher. In a bunch of the previous games, I've tried and bred a bunch with this method. My most tedious was Houndour on White 2, since I spent a really long time completing the Dex to get the Shiny Charm, then bred for a few months before X and Y came out, and it took probably over 1700 eggs to get the darn thing. :P In that instance, I actually took about 400 more eggs than probability should have allowed. :P

Bulbapedia has some good numbers for the odds.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#3 Post by fantanoice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:11 am

I've never hatched a shiny, only caught them
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.