The Girafarig Army (for the benefit of all)

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#1 Post by Nerdy12 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:04 pm

The Girafarig Army is an Army that started on Marriland. Red_009 (a Marriland member) and I are co-leaders. I have started this club so we can get more members and spread the glory of the underappreciated!
If you are in Clubs and Clans on Marriland, stop by and say hello!
This is the original introduction to this club on Marriland. It was written by Red_009.

There are 718 Pokemon, all of which have different appearances, stats, movesets, abilities, habitats, and encounter rates. Naturally, this means some Pokemon are easily noticeable and popular, while others are overlooked. This is a club to promote those Pokemon who are awesome but for some reason haven't gotten the love they deserve from the Pokemon universe. We'll use this thread to share our experiences with unusual Pokemon, talk about any scrambles we've donated to in the Challenges section, maybe plan some Wonder Trading events, and hopefully introduce someone to the dream Pokemon they never thought they'd love.

The club's mascot is Girafarig, the Pokemon that inspired PokeNerdy12 and me to form the club in the first place. (It also happens to be my favorite Pokemon.) However, you can totally join our Army even if you don't like Girafarig. The point is giving love to Pokemon that don't get enough from everyone else, no matter which one it is.

Form to join:
Username:
What we should call you:
Favorite underappreciated Pokemon:
What you look for in a Pokemon:

Rules:
1. All Poliwager forum rules apply, of course.
2. Please be respectful of everyone's opinions. We're talking about Pokemon with limited appeal here, so it's likely that at some point we'll be discussing a Pokemon you don't like, and that someone else will not like one of your favorites. Feel free to express those opinions, just don't be a jerk about it, okay?
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll join. I like Girafarig, it's pretty cool!

Username: Slix
What we should call you: Slix
Favorite underappreciated Pokemon: Poliwag. ;)
What you look for in a Pokemon: Cuteness, coolness, under appreciated-ness.

I do like a lot of the unnoticed Pokemon, it adds some special-ness to them that other people don't always see.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#3 Post by Nerdy12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hello Slix! I'm glad you like Girafarig, it sometimes seems like no one even knows it exists!
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

evergreenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by evergreenn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Username: evergreenn
What we should call you: evergreenn or Andi
Favorite underappreciated Pokemon: Grimer
What you look for in a Pokemon: not really sure

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#5 Post by Nerdy12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello Evergreenn! Welcome to the club!
The Marriland Girafarig Army is going to start a Smogon Showdown tournament sometime, would either of you like to join?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm going to have to respectfully decline, but thanks for the offer. :)

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#7 Post by Nerdy12 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:37 am

I was meaning to ask you, Slix: What made you love Poliwag so much?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 am

Well. Poliwag is cute. I can't actually remember when I started liking Poliwag so much, but I know I trained a Poliwrath when I first beat Blue back in like 6th grade. It's just always kind of struck me as a cute, awesome, Pokemon that hardly anyone else loves as much as me. :D I've always liked standing out in what I like.

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#9 Post by Nerdy12 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Haha, yeah. I know how you feel. I co-started a Girafarig Army, after all.
And every Friday the Marriland Army WTs some underappreciateds and names them all Cake variations. One of the members named their Cherubi Cherry Cake.

NyanMew

#10 Post by NyanMew » Tue May 06, 2014 6:59 pm

If you are a member on the Marriland one do you have to re-apply?

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.