Ever Lose a Shiny?

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Audrey729
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: I live in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. Don't worry about me, we have plenty of hot spots out here

#11 Post by Audrey729 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Honestly, I've never seen a shiny on my games either
This is my huge signature of pokemon, but at least I finally got that Mewtwo!

Felkyr

#12 Post by Felkyr » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:42 am

The first time I ever played a Pokemon game. I borrowed Pokemon Silver from a friend at school. Erased his save (didn't know 'new game' would write over the only available slot), and within the first few hours encountered a golden crabby. Thought it was a bit odd, but as I had a crabby already, I killed it like the rest.

You can imagine how this story went over with my friend the next day.

Since then I've only encountered (and caught) one shiny, but I've had two wonder-traded to me in X/Y, and I've been given a few by The Pokemon Company. Most awesomely this year, a shiny Mewtwo with it's hidden ability.
Last edited by Felkyr on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#13 Post by Asha » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:07 am

How do you improve your chances of finding a shiny? I have genuinely never seen one!

My Adoptable Army

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#14 Post by Crashinggg » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 pm

I have only encountered one shiny, because I am new to this Pokemon thing. However when I caught it I didn't know it was shiny I just wanted to catch it because it was a different color and I thought that was normal. I found out later from a friend when I said that I caught a pink sneasal and he was like "I hope you caught it because that was a shiny." Regardless it was difficult to catch and I have been taught not to attack shinies at all that you should just go for the catch right away.

bezo93
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#15 Post by bezo93 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm

I was KO'd by a shiny Buneary once. I only had one poisoned pokemon with about 30 HP left and was heading back to town when it appeared. The fight lasted about 5 seconds and there may have been some swearing afterwards XD
"Creativity is intelligence having fun."

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#16 Post by KOBY15 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Technically no but also technically yes. My first and only shiny Pokemon was a Zubat. I was playing on Pokemon Crystal on an emulator on my phone and freaked out because I was sitting on the toilet not expecting to find a shiny at all. I threw a Pokemon and I caught it. I kept my Zubat and played with it for the next few days. That was until the emulator I was playing on was shut down and I could no longer use it or play with my shiny Zubat. So technically I caught it but I still lost it.

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

jirachi100
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#17 Post by jirachi100 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 am

I found a shiny Magikarp in SoulSilver then stupidly I shook the DS Lite (out of excitement, of course) and it froze.
ImageImage
Clicking the Jirachis will let you feed them.

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#18 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 pm

I have never lost a shiny but I have had some close calls! I think my Shiny Magikarp in Pokemon Diamond was the closest I was ever to losing a shiny because I had went to the area where you can catch Feebas and BOOM first thing I fish up is a shiny Magikarp. I caught and saved and headed to the Pokemon Center to check it out. I saved and turned off the game but was not in the same location I had saved and I was so scared that I lost the Magikarp (the save file was corrupt apparently) and I checked the PC and it was still in there. I traded it over to Soul Silver so I had it somewhere safe, I saved and reset Diamond and it was still in the PC (so I felt like I had "accidentally" cloned my shiny Magikarp)! It was a close call but yes I guess I can say I "lost" a shiny since I was technically not even supposed to have it under those extreme circumstances.

Mxc
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#19 Post by Mxc » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:34 pm

I lost my very first shiny. As a kid when I played through Ruby I would just use whatever 3 people I wanted in the early game (typically a wingul and wurmple) and just beat the game with those and my starter. Because of the fact that I never used anymore pokemon I never bought pokeballs. After a long time of doing that I finally encountered my first shiny pokemon. It was an oddish and I hadno idea why it was such a weird light green color. I brought the game to my oldest brother and asked if he knew what was going on and he freaked out. He had never seen a shiny pokemon and he had been playing for a lot longer than I have. Quickly his excitement turned into anger once he noticed I had no pokeballs. We eventually just ran from it and it made me pretty sad. Since then I have caught 2 shiny oddish and every time I see one it reminds me of that day.

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#20 Post by I love squirtle line » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:32 am

I have never lost a shiny but I'm sure that eventually I will.
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.