Shiny Finder

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#1 Post by Crashinggg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 pm

What is your favorite way to get shiny pokemon! I have not done any of my own shiny hunting or searching, but I bet some of you have! :P So share away!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 pm

I've done shiny hunting many different ways over the years... Hmm, which is my favorite...

I thought the challenge and skill required to do Poké Radar hunting in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum was fun. Shiny breeding in Gen 2 was fun because of how "easy" it was, haha. I don't mind breeding in other games using the Masuda Method (with the Shiny Charm, as well). I didn't really mind Chain Fishing in X/Y. So far I'm enjoying Combo Catching on Let's Go. I wasn't really a fan of SOS Chaining, nor soft resetting as much as the others.

So, I guess I'd have to say probably Poké Radar in Gen 4! It was the most interesting, challenging, and unique to me.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#3 Post by Crashinggg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:11 am

I don’t think I’ve heard of the Poké Radar so that’s pretty cool! I like a bit of challenge as well. I could see sos chaining taking a while!

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#4 Post by KOBY15 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 am

I tried shiny hunting using the Poke Radar but never really had the patience or time to learn so usually I just play the games normally and hope for the best lol. However in Pokemon Go I have a few shinies and I usually just try to encounter any Pokemon that pop up to see if they are shiny. As well as I play on community days to have better odds of finding a shiny variant of whatever Pokemon the day is about.

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:43 am

I've managed to get shinies in many different ways but I think my preferred methods are DexNav chaining and SOS chaining as they seem to be the fastest ways for me to get shinies. I also plan on breeding shinies in the future since I "accidentally" hatched a full odds shiny Munna while trying to breed a competitive Munna for my friend!

Celestronach
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#6 Post by Celestronach » Sun May 01, 2022 7:19 am

I don't tend to have the patience for shiny hunting but when I do I tend to use the breeding method. I once got a shiny Ditto from another country in Alpha Sapphire (I think?) so I think I used that a lot.

Most of the time, I don't look for shinies, I just catch them when they pop up. With this method, I got 2-4 shinies in SoulSilver, and possibly more in other games.

Nightmon
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#7 Post by Nightmon » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:32 pm

SOS hunting and Horde Encounter were my favorite method. Pokeradar and Dexnav are fine too, but they can be unnerving. Chain fishing was fun too when I wanted a quick hunt
I'm back! Click my stuff please!

ImageImageThe Shuppet Box ImageImage

GRACE
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#8 Post by GRACE » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:02 pm

I love using the Dexnav a lot.. also the Pokéradar was very fun back years ago as well, and I'm trying to get back into using it to find more Shiny Pokemon on those games. Horde Encounters is a favorite as well, and Masuda Method., which I'm currently using to find more Shinies. Even making Sandwiches on S/V (Scarlet Violet) I also enjoy the Full Odds/Random Encounters, and Soft Resetting. Fishing Chains are great as well. I loved the Friend Safari too! SOS w/(with Adrenaline Orbs is great, awesome as well.. one of My Favorites. and the Shiny Charm helps. I basically love all the different methods.. and I might not have named them all here, so yeah.
☆☆☆ 8 Pokémon in Global on "Rankings by Pokemon" on Pokemon Unite. ★★★ :emolga: :dunsparce: :politoed: :poliwag: :poliwhirl: :poliwrath: :cantemolga: :ohmama:

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.