Pokemon: Is it evil?

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Post by Chaze the Chat » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Read this, basically, a review of an article by someone who hates pokemon, reviewed by a fan.

https://sites.google.com/site/tria1andf ... in-pokemon

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Triple A
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult
Location: In the middle of the squared circle, on the grandest stage of them all!

#2 Post by Triple A » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 pm

The fact that this guy didn't know what Sailor Moon is pissed me off more than anything else.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by Chaze the Chat » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Triple A wrote:The fact that this guy didn't know what Sailor Moon is pissed me off more than anything else.
Lawl, don't worry. He's like 14.

elephantluvr
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#4 Post by elephantluvr » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Omg I just read that entire thing- the person who wrote the original article is blowing that so out of proportion! Wow, just wow.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#5 Post by Gluttony » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 am

I do love this particular line from the reviewer:
A new objective: Be paranoid.
Blunt, and oh so wonderfully accurate.

And I wonder if the person who wrote the original article knows that there's a difference between a cult following and a cult.

...Probably not.

The witchcraft bashing upsets me though. A lot of the best friends I've ever met are witches, as am I.

I suppose irrational jerks like the article writer will be irrational jerks though. Not much I can do about it.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by Chaze the Chat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Missy: Don't be offended by a 10 year old article. Plus it was obviously written by Christians, who dislike witches.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#7 Post by Gluttony » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Chaze the Chat wrote:Missy: Don't be offended by a 10 year old article. Plus it was obviously written by Christians, who dislike witches.
Meh, 10 years old doesn't mean the person who wrote it is no longer around and believing that crap about me though.

Don't underestimate the Christians though. There are some like that one who are... Misinformed, but most are nice, reasonable people just like anyone else. Same goes for the side of witches. Not to mention Christianity and the craft overlap a fair bit. Christian witches are common enough, and the rational majority of both sides are pretty accepting of them.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by Chaze the Chat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Gluttony wrote:
Chaze the Chat wrote:Missy: Don't be offended by a 10 year old article. Plus it was obviously written by Christians, who dislike witches.
Meh, 10 years old doesn't mean the person who wrote it is no longer around and believing that crap about me though.

Don't underestimate the Christians though. There are some like that one who are... Misinformed, but most are nice, reasonable people just like anyone else. Same goes for the side of witches. Not to mention Christianity and the craft overlap a fair bit. Christian witches are common enough, and the rational majority of both sides are pretty accepting of them.
Actually, I am Catholic, so I am part Christian haha.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by Slix » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Catholics are all Christian. :P

Don't bring religion into this though. I'm Christian and I have nothing against witches. O.o

The article is completely bogus. I'm the most cheerful person and I've played Pokemon since I was like 7. Pokemon has not made me think that I'm all powerful or anything dumb like that.

Point I'm trying to make is, the article makes it seem that everyone that is into Pokemon is bad, based on a few individual situations.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#10 Post by Chaze the Chat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Slix wrote:Catholics are all Christian. :P

Don't bring religion into this though. I'm Christian and I have nothing against witches. O.o

The article is completely bogus. I'm the most cheerful person and I've played Pokemon since I was like 7. Pokemon has not made me think that I'm all powerful or anything dumb like that.

Point I'm trying to make is, the article makes it seem that everyone that is into Pokemon is bad, based on a few individual situations.
Don't worry, I hate discussing religion almost as much as discussing politics. That is worse though.

And I like how they hate on Jessie and James not being perfect biblical figures when they are, in fact, bad guys.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.