What were they thinking!

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Clownshateu2
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#1 Post by Clownshateu2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey fellow Poliwager's, and I'm pretty stoked about the new release of 5th Gen (Black and White). After minutes of looking at the Pokemon, all I have to say is "What the fu** were they thinking!?!?". Here, I compiled the top ten worst 5th Generation Pokemon and why. Let's go!

5- Number 5 has got to be Koromi. What is he you may ask? Well imagine a over-weight Zubat that basically evolves into a fatter, uglier, and worse Pokemon. At least he isn't the worst.........

4- Number 4 got to be Tabunne. So get this. A little rotund doll that dosn't even evolve and is probably just as bad as a Magickarp? Yea I went there. Also, it has one of the lowest Stats out of every Pokemon, so Pffff, I dont have really much to bash on it. To number 8.

3- Number 3 has to be Gamageroge. It goes from a cute, little tadpole like Poliwag (Which is 100x cooler) to a fatta** doll like Tabunne THAN to a deppresed looking frog that has a bunch of warts on it. Wait, did I mention it's ugly?

2- Number 2 goes to Minincco. So get this, it goes from a little hamester character and evolves, with all that frustation and hardwork into it, into a hamster with a fur jacket? Tell me your opinion, cause I dont even know why it is the least bit good.

1- Number 1 goes to Mamanbou. Dosnt evolve, weak as heck move-set, and has terrible Stats. Where you trying to make another Budew?

Well thats it guys, hope you enjoyed mah article. Peace

Triple A
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult
Location: In the middle of the squared circle, on the grandest stage of them all!

#2 Post by Triple A » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm

5) Even though it's a shameful zubat ripoff, after watching the anime koromori really grew on me. He's a cute little fuzzball, but his evo could've been better. Still, he's in no way the worst pokemon of genV, or of any gen.

4) Pikachu! YOU! Tabunne is adorable.

3) What's the matter, too badpropane-frog-king for you?

2) Obligatory cute-dog/mouse/thing, who gives a Ben Browder.

1) I agree, this guy's pretty worthless, but budew is awesome and will kick your teeth in for dissing him!

EDIT: After re-reading this I realize I may have came off too mean-spirited, and for that I apologize, it was 3am when I posted so I wasn't really feeling like writing an essay so I just used my basic instincts.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by Chaze the Chat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 am

Triple A wrote:5) Even though it's a shameful zubat ripoff, after watching the anime koromori really grew on me. He's a cute little fuzzball, but his evo could've been better. Still, he's in no way the worst pokemon of genV, or of any gen.

4) Pikachu! YOU! Tabunne is adorable.

3) What's the matter, too badpropane-frog-king for you?

2) Obligatory cute-dog/mouse/thing, who gives a Ben Browder.

1) I agree, this guy's pretty worthless, but budew is awesome and will kick your teeth in for dissing him!

EDIT: After re-reading this I realize I may have came off too mean-spirited, and for that I apologize, it was 3am when I posted so I wasn't really feeling like writing an essay so I just used my basic instincts.
There is so much swearing in this post that made me laugh.

hehekickinteethhehe

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Nixen Oha
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#4 Post by Nixen Oha » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:47 am

1) Koromori seem to be like the Bidoof of this generation. (It even has the same abilities xD) The thing I like about it is it's wing that kind of look cool. What really ticks me off is that it's part Psychic (Umm? WTF?) It's evolution (and itself) has a lot of weaknesses and low defenses is a turn off. (lol) At least it's not week to common moves but I can only see the this pokemon as part of a baton pass team. Well... At least it has high speed. Might be good in UU.

2) This Pokemon I kind of like. A healing pokemon that can help a lot during double and triple battles thanks to it's ability. Don't know much about it but it can be useful.

3) Toads are cool. (Naruto fan. What must I say heh heh...) But this one isn't that great to me. I know Slix likes the first evo, but I don't like this frog. It's a water/ground type and that is a good convo with only one weakness. Also the other water/ground were good pokemon so you will expect this one to be good too. But I don't like it and it's abilities are meh... It might grow on me but not now :/

4) Well... It's looks better than what it can do...

5) Holy crud! A water Blissey with def stat the opposite than the Sp. Def. Stat! With high HP and def it's a cool Pokemon. The Def stat isn't that bad :/ Atk stat is higher than expected but it has low speed. Might be better than the healing Pokemon but surprised that it isn't an evo of well... Luvdisc XD

I was looking this in competitive way and not in an Anime way. And well a lot of the pokemon (or all idk) weren't made by gamefreak in Japan but in America.

Edit: BTW I'm waiting for a reply for this...

(S-I-SI-G-A-M-I) (Shishigami! Bang! Bang!)

3DS FC: 2234 7197 0899

Clownshateu2
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#5 Post by Clownshateu2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:53 pm

True, but I dont know why people are freaking out at this. It is my opinion and if you don't agree, who cares? Also Stone, I didnt see number 5 being a Blissey at all. It was just plain weird looking and isn't good all around.

Nixen Oha
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#6 Post by Nixen Oha » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Sorry I just looked at the Pokemon. We all have or different opinion and I hate it how serious people are taking it. Ya forget what I said about #5 because I don't know what I'm talking about. XD

(S-I-SI-G-A-M-I) (Shishigami! Bang! Bang!)

3DS FC: 2234 7197 0899

Triple A
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult
Location: In the middle of the squared circle, on the grandest stage of them all!

#7 Post by Triple A » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Pokemon is serious business, you should know that.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Everyone has their own tastes. Some people don't like certain Pokémon from every generation. Deal with it. :P

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

greenskeleton
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#9 Post by greenskeleton » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Clownshateu2 wrote:Hey fellow Poliwager's, and I'm pretty stoked about the new release of 5th Gen (Black and White). After minutes of looking at the Pokemon, all I have to say is "What the fu** were they thinking!?!?". Here, I compiled the top ten worst 5th Generation Pokemon and why. Let's go!

5- Number 5 has got to be Koromi. What is he you may ask? Well imagine a over-weight Zubat that basically evolves into a fatter, uglier, and worse Pokemon. At least he isn't the worst.........

4- Number 4 got to be Tabunne. So get this. A little rotund doll that dosn't even evolve and is probably just as bad as a Magickarp? Yea I went there. Also, it has one of the lowest Stats out of every Pokemon, so Pffff, I dont have really much to bash on it. To number 8.

3- Number 3 has to be Gamageroge. It goes from a cute, little tadpole like Poliwag (Which is 100x cooler) to a fatta** doll like Tabunne THAN to a deppresed looking frog that has a bunch of warts on it. Wait, did I mention it's ugly?

2- Number 2 goes to Minincco. So get this, it goes from a little hamester character and evolves, with all that frustation and hardwork into it, into a hamster with a fur jacket? Tell me your opinion, cause I dont even know why it is the least bit good.

1- Number 1 goes to Mamanbou. Dosnt evolve, weak as heck move-set, and has terrible Stats. Where you trying to make another Budew?

Well thats it guys, hope you enjoyed mah article. Peace
i respect your opinion but here's my own...

1. koromi. true it looks ugly but looks aren't everything. it's got the awesome ability and blistering speed to sweep with after a calm mind or two

2. Tabunne: eh...it makes a decent NU wall but other than that....

3. gamageroge: same boat as tabunne. it has good stats for NU/UU but ultimately is outclassed in every way by swampert. i never liked otamaro and its evolutionary chain though.

4. Minincco: i like how it looks. as for what it can do....scarf lead scout?

5. mamanbou: once again, NU/UU play. its not terribly hopeless. it has a massive base 165 HP that can help against special attacks and a decent base 80 defense. it can also attempt at status with boiling water and give wish support....but that's where its pros stop. it really only has a good special movepool

sorry, i'm taking most of my opinions from a battling perspective

Clownshateu2
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#10 Post by Clownshateu2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Everyone, dont forget to look at my new post, Pokemon Oonline League!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.