Pokémon Ingame Challenge Thread

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#41 Post by Gluttony » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:41 pm

smeel wrote:Actually He'll encounter Zubat first.
Update: Game File got deleted. There was rage. But I'm restarting.
Oh yeah, I forgot Oreburgh gate and the mine. Whoops.

Sad to hear about your game file smeel. Good on ya' for perseverance though.

Well anyways I'm now at Celadon. Raising Jolteon all the way to level 30 before it learned an attacking move that I was allowed to give to it was, if anything, not an experience I'd like to repeat.

Image Lv 32 Leech Seed, Poisonpowder, Vine Whip
Image Lv 33 Leer, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage
Image Lv 30 Sand Attack, Double Kick

Hmm, Erika has two strong grass/poison types and a pure grass... Venusaur is all-but useless. Might as well send him in against Tangela though, at least he can poisonpowder that one. Jolteon's Double-Kick isn't exactly useful against either Victrebell or Vileplume, but if Venu's fighting Tang then Jolt has to take somebody else. As for Gyarados... Well he's not a great matchup either. Might as well Water Pulse until I cause confusion and then start blasting away with Dragon Rage. Or alternatively, I could technically skip past Erika and come back later when Venusaur knows Return and I've added Hitmonlee to my team. Heck I could go all the way to Cinnabar and get Aerodactyl (Kabutops too but he's not much help here) before facing her if I wanted to. Not that my Aerodactyl has any flying moves among the one's you guys have given me, but it's still one of the best-suited members of my full team (next to Venusaur with Return) to fighting Erika.

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#42 Post by Aquil » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 pm

...Missy, you know that each of your Pokémon can have 4 moves right now, right?

Their final movesets have to be the ones chosen, and you have to teach those moves as soon as it is possible, but you are allowed placeholder moves. I was hoping that was a given.
Does your heart have a beat?

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#43 Post by Chaze the Chat » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Aquil wrote:...Missy, you know that each of your Pokémon can have 4 moves right now, right?

Their final movesets have to be the ones chosen, and you have to teach those moves as soon as it is possible, but you are allowed placeholder moves. I was hoping that was a given.
Even I didn't know that. Thanks a bunch Aquil.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#44 Post by Aquil » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Chaze the Chat wrote:
Aquil wrote:...Missy, you know that each of your Pokémon can have 4 moves right now, right?

I gave you guys placeholders in all of the other challenges, I was hoping that it was a given that you get them in every one.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#45 Post by Gluttony » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:16 am

Aquil wrote:
Chaze the Chat wrote:

I gave you guys placeholders in all of the other challenges, I was hoping that it was a given that you get them in every one.
It wasn't quite a given, no. I'd assumed that was what your intention was when creating the challenge but I decided that was too easy. If my Jolteon already has one of its final moves, Sand Attack, then it's not getting any moves other that Sand Attack. The only placeholder I allowed myself was Bulbasaur's Tackle up until it learned Vine Whip, since Bulba was the first member of my team and I didn't have any others available to do switch-out training with it.

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#46 Post by Ostrid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:36 pm

@Missy Thank you. :D
Anyways Finally got back to where I last was!
Sableye/Jewel Lvl. 17
Wingull/Peeko Lvl. 22

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#47 Post by Gluttony » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Image Lv 60 Leech Seed, Poisonpowder, Return, Vine Whip
Image Lv 63 Hyper Beam, Leer, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage
Image Lv 60 Sand Attack, Double Kick, Thunder Wave, Thunder
Image Lv 61 Hi-Jump Kick, Endure, Rock Smash, Revenge
Image Lv 65 Ancientpower, Fury Cutter, Harden, Absorb
Image Lv 58 Take Down, Bite, Supersonic, Ancientpower

Well now, my team's sufficiently levelled up, every badge had been earned, and I'm finally done with all the annoyance of the Sevii Islands (I always get bored and lost in that place). Time to take on the Elite Four I suppose. By my next update I'll probably be done with this challenge.

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#48 Post by Ostrid » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Good Luck! You really need it XD
Hmmm maybe I should continue my challenge XD

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#49 Post by Aquil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 pm

I just got Maylene's badge, and let me tell you, this challenge so far has been a total Pikachu. It took me so long just to get this far because I was trying to get a Pikachu Heracross so Maylene wouldn't be totally impossible. This involved spreading honey on five trees at a time and going back and checking all of those trees multiple times.

Team:

Scissors♂ (Kricketune) lv. 30
Queenie♀ (Vespiquen) lv. 30 (this one I got lucky with, I found it while searching for Heracross.)
Brandon♂ (Dustox) lv. 25
Berry♀ (Burmy) lv. 15

Training that Burmy is a Pikachu. Thankfully, it just learned Bug Bite, so now at least it has a STAB move. I think I'll go back to Eterna Forest and train it. Also, does it matter what cloak it is?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw Nixen's post, it has to be Ground. That just makes training this thing twice as difficult. ._.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#50 Post by Gluttony » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Aquil wrote:I just got Maylene's badge, and let me tell you, this challenge so far has been a total Pikachu. It took me so long just to get this far because I was trying to get a Pikachu Heracross so Maylene wouldn't be totally impossible. This involved spreading honey on five trees at a time and going back and checking all of those trees multiple times.

Team:

Scissors♂ (Kricketune) lv. 30
Queenie♀ (Vespiquen) lv. 30 (this one I got lucky with, I found it while searching for Heracross.)
Brandon♂ (Dustox) lv. 25
Berry♀ (Burmy) lv. 15

Training that Burmy is a Pikachu. Thankfully, it just learned Bug Bite, so now at least it has a STAB move. I think I'll go back to Eterna Forest and train it. Also, does it matter what cloak it is?
I believe Sandy Cloak was specified for your Wormadam.

No luck with Heracross yet huh? Well at least you're nearing the Great Marsh and Yanma. And the further you progress in the game, the more honey trees you can access, boosting your odds.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.