Pokémon Ingame Challenge Thread

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#1 Post by Aquil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Are you bored with your Pokémon game? Have you beaten the game 111, or even 112 times over? Are you tired of using the same Breloom SporePuncher and Scarfed Garchomp to demolish every trainer who is unfortunate enough to step within a 30-mile radius of you?

If any of these descriptions apply to you, then you are in luck, for I, Aquil, bringer of glory, defender of freedom, and scrambler of eggs, come to you with a few challenges to try.

Disclaimer: I, nor the Poliwager Forums, are responsible for any anguish, frustration, or outright abuse that these challenges may cause you. Challenge at your own risk!

Scramble Challenge

Currently the most popular Ingame Challenge, this challenge requires you to go through the game with a team chosen completely by other members.

Rules
1. If you are choosing Pokémon for a challenger, you may not choose any useless Pokémon. The banned list is as follows: Magikarp, Unown, Beldum, Feebas, Togepi, Sunkern, Ditto, Wobbuffet, and Wynaut. If you think of another Pokémon that should be banned, please contact either me or Slix.
2. No person may have two or more of the same Pokémon or evolution family in their team. So no Geodude and Geodude, Geodude and Graveler, Geodude and Golem, etc.
3. Picking an unevolved Pokémon for the challenger is perfectly fine.
4. If you are a challenger, you may use a different Pokémon until you get all of the Pokémon that have been chosen for you. For example, if your team is chosen to be Wailord, Raichu, Banette, Ninetales, Mawile, and Luvdisc in Emerald, these are all Pokémon that you don't find until late in the game. So you may use one, only one Pokémon until you get at least one other that has been chosen for you.
5. As someone choosing Pokémon for a challenger, you may only choose two Pokémon per game. So if someone is doing a challenge on Emerald and Diamond, then you may choose two Pokémon for each game.

Monotype Challenge

This challenge is for those who wish they could be Gym Leaders (wish =/= reality [this means you smeel]). Go through the game using a team of Pokémon that are all the same type.

Rules
1. You have to choose one type of Pokémon and stick with it. For example, if you decide that you want to do Grass-types, but then halfway through the game decide that Grass-types suck and you want to use Fire-types, then it sucks to be you, 'cause you're sticking with the Grass-type!
2. Again, no duplicates of Pokémon. Also, no two Pokémon that are from the same evolutionary family.
3. Due to the shortage of Pokémon with these types, Ghost and Dragon-types are banned from this challenge.
4. You can use a Pokémon that isn't of your type, but is going to be later. For example, using Nincada for a Flying-type challenge, since it will be Ninjask later.
5. That being said, dual-types are also allowed. Example, using Houndoom and Skuntank for a Dark-type challenge.
6. If your starter is not of, or isn't ever going to be, the type you chose, you can of course use it until you catch a Pokémon of your type.
7. You can use two trades in your game. Trading to evolve doesn't count towards these trades, however, in-game trades do. You would trade to obtain a Pokémon before you could normally obtain it, an example would be Beldum before post-E4

Moveset Challenge
This challenge isn't as special, but it's also popular. You choose your team, but other members choose the movesets for your Pokémon.

Rules
1. As someone choosing movesets, each Pokémon must have at least one attacking move, and this move must have at least 50 base power.
2. Also, there must be at least one move on each team capable of hitting every type.
3. Splash is BANNED from this challenge.
4. Each Pokémon can have a maximum of one TM move.

Unevolved Challenge
This is for trainers who are really looking for a challenge. You go through the game using all unevolved Pokémon.

Rules
1. Challengers may not evolve their Pokémon under any circumstances.
2. Because of this, Pokémon that evolve via happiness, like Chansey or Golbat, are banned from this challenge.
3. If a player catches a first or second-stage Pokémon, they may use it on their team. Any Pokémon is okay to use as long as you don't evolve it. So a Nidorino or Dodrio from the Safari Zone would be acceptable.

Single Challenge
Also one of the harder challenges, players go through the game using only one single Pokémon use in battle.

Rules
1. Similar to the Monotype Challenge, you must stick with one single Pokémon for the entire game. This doesn't mean, use a team of six Pokémon, or have multiple Pokémon ready to use, but only use one during battle. It means only train one Pokémon and use only one Pokémon for the whole game.
2. The Pokémon you choose to use must be obtainable before the third badge without trading.
3. That being said, you may use your starter and your starter only until you catch the Pokémon you chose to use.

Catchless Challenge
This one was presented by your ruler, your leader, your emperor of cheese, Slix. Go through the game using only Pokémon given to you by NPC's.

Rules
1. I said given to you, not traded to you. No in-game trades, or trades at all.
2. No catching any Pokémon at all under any circumstances.
3. Pokémon from the Game Corner do not count. heck no you aren't using a Dragonite or Alakazam.

Christian Challenge
Created by someone, suggested by Piratice, innovated by God.

Rules
1. Players cannot let their Pokémon evolve.
2. Players cannot catch Dark, Psychic, or Ghost-type Pokémon, or use any moves of these types.
3. Pokémon must be at least lv. 22 before they breed, and no two Pokémon of the same gender may share a Daycare center.
4. If a player receives an egg, he or she must keep it in their party and raise it until it reaches lv. 18.
5. Legendaries are false idols and must be destroyalized.
6. Players cannot revive fossils, and should avoid science labs altogether (though if you're in it to destroy some Rockets, by all means, kick some propane.)
7. The Game Corner is off-limits, as are narcotics such as PP Up, Calcium, and Rare Candy.
8. Players cannot catch or use Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, or Serperior and are advised to disregard their advice and movesets.
9. If players break any one of these rules will be sent to the Distortion World to live with Giratina and that one creepy guy for all eternity.

Alternate Protestant Rules
1. Believe in Arceus and do whatever the heck you want.
2 AQUIL RULEZ

Combined Challenge
This is pretty straightforward: you can combine two or more challenges to create a super-challenge!

Rules
1. Even combined, all rules still count. For example, if you're doing a Monotype Scramble, then you must abide by the Scramble rules and the Monotype rules.
2. The ultimate challenge is the Single Unevolved Moveset Scramble Monotype Challenge. Think you're hot stuff? Then try this bad boy out. /nfsu2

Universal Challenge Rules
1. You are allowed to catch up to two HM slaves in each challenge, even the Catchless. As long as they don't battle, you're good.
2. Complaints do not compute. This means no complaining if (or when) you get a bad team or a bad moveset. It's supposed to be a challenge, for Gluttony's sake.
3. Feel free (or obligated) to keep us updated on your challenge.
4. And this is most important one: have fun. These are supposed to be challenging, but they're also designed to be fun. You're supposed to have fun while doing them, and they should add a bit (or 20 fl. oz) of spice to the games.

To all about to Challenge, we salute you. Also, Nixen, shut up.
Last edited by Aquil on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Does your heart have a beat?

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#2 Post by Ostrid » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Challengers:
-Gluttony/Missy: Moveset + Catchless Challenges.
Pokemon: Venasaur(Leech seed, Poison Powder, Return, Vine Whip); Gyarados(Hyperbeam, Leer, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage); Jolteon(Sand-attack, Double Kick, Thunder wave, Thunder); Hitmonlee(Hi-Jump kick, endure, rock-smash, revenge); Kabutops(Ancientpower, Fury Cutter, Harden, Absorb); Aerodactyl(Take Down, Bite, Supersonic, Ancientpower)

-Aquil/Quillykins/Atomix: Monotype + Scramble Challenges.
Pokemon:Kricketune, Vespiquen, Wormadam, Heracross, Dustox, Yanmega

-Smeel/NOOB/Bean: Scramble Challenge.
Pokemon: Golduck, Rhydon, Spoink, Wingull, Sableye, Spinda

-Chaze/Steve: Scramble + Unevolved + Moveset + Single Challenge
Pokemon: Pikachu (Thunderbolt, Strength, Growl, Attract)

-Icestar: Scramble Challenge
Pokemon: Skunktank, Crobat, Seaking, Tentacruel, Roserade, Rapidash
Last edited by Ostrid on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#3 Post by Aquil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Golduck and Rhydon GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Just wanted to throw out there that me and @nonymous are currently almost done with LeafGreen solo type challenged. I'm doing Poison and he's doing Normal (though he traded his with moves already on them at low levels, so it was a little unfair). I'm doing great with it. The Elite Four might be tricky though.

I'll let you know when I finish it.

@smeel: Spoink! That is all.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Nixen Oha
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#5 Post by Nixen Oha » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Aquil wrote:To all about to Challenge, we salute you. Also, Nixen, shut up.
NO U

Also good idea Aquil (Or was it Smeel? xD) Well I have my own topic to work on so... Good luck challengers xD

(S-I-SI-G-A-M-I) (Shishigami! Bang! Bang!)

3DS FC: 2234 7197 0899

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Ostrid » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 pm

I need three more pokemon guys. :D and stone. T'was none of our ideas. It was the guy who made it on marriland

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#7 Post by Aquil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Made two additions to the Monotype rules.

Also, Monotype Scramble on Platinum (emulators ftw), first person chooses type.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#8 Post by Gluttony » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 pm

I think I'll start off easy and do a combination of the Catchless and the Moveset challenges in my LeafGreen, I'd just like to check if this team works for the rules of the Catchless challenge before I start.

Venusaur (Starter)
Gyarados (From the Magikarp Salesman)
Jolteon (The Eevee you receive in Celadon)
Hitmonlee (The prize for beating Saffron's dojo)
Kabutops (The dome fossil you receive in Mt. Moon)
Aerodactyl (The old amber you receive in Pewter)

And I'm not gonna say anything about the difficulty of your challenges because you've rightfully acknowledged my awesomeness.
^_^

One other thing I might add for your rules in the Moveset challenge; each team should have a move capable of hitting every type of Pokemon.
In other words at least one non-normal or fighting type move (to hit ghosts), at least one non-electric type move (to hit grounds), at least one non-ground type move (to hit flyings), at least one non-poison type move (to hit steels), at least one non-psychic type move (to hit darks), and at least one non-ghost type move (to hit normals). At least one move capable of hitting Shedinja as well in the 3rd generation.

Otherwise it'd be rather easy to make someone's challenge VERY unfair.

Aquil
Poliwhirl Baby
Poliwhirl Baby

#9 Post by Aquil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Amendment made.

Now can I get some Pokés for my challenge?

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#10 Post by Gluttony » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Fine fine, Monotype Scramble on Platinum Aquil?

You shall do this with the bug type then. Your first team member will be Kricketot/Kricketune. I'll leave the rest of the team to the others.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.