Shiny Pokémon

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#11 Post by Gluttony » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 am

Chaining works best from what I can tell.

I've never seen the Masuda method get a shiny, but chaining's the real deal. The difficulty is in finding a large enough patch of grass and then having patience. The routes north of Oreburgh and West of Sunnyshore are good choices for first time chainers, so you should try it out.

greenskeleton
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#12 Post by greenskeleton » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Gluttony wrote:Chaining works best from what I can tell.

I've never seen the Masuda method get a shiny, but chaining's the real deal. The difficulty is in finding a large enough patch of grass and then having patience. The routes north of Oreburgh and West of Sunnyshore are good choices for first time chainers, so you should try it out.
very true. my friend did it and I think he had to chain like 40-something times before he found one.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#13 Post by Gluttony » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Well yes, that's kind-of expected. I myself went through a little over 100 Max Repels and still only found 2 shiny Pokemon through chaining.

Still, that's far better odds than you'd have looking for shiny Pokemon by just wandering the grass.

greenskeleton
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#14 Post by greenskeleton » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm

yeah. I only found 2. a shiny cahrvana (did I spell that right?) while surfing in Ruby version and a hatched shiny feebas when I was EV training before I had pokesav.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#15 Post by Gluttony » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 am

Exactly, it's very few. My total play time if you combine all my versions and all the files I've restarted is probably thousands of hours and I've still only found about 20 shiny Pokemon by just being lucky in my wandering around.

It's Carvanha by the way. Car Van Ha, that's how I remember it.

KidGravy
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#16 Post by KidGravy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:53 pm

My first was a shiny Zubat on the original Silver version. I never evolved it.
Though after picking the game up recently, I cannot find it in any of my storage boxes, so I can only assume I restarted the game file for whatever reason.

I also found a shiny buizel on my Diamond, which now evolved and I still have.
SoulSilver, I was super lucky and managed to hatch out a shiny pichu.

Maaan, I would have loved to find that shiny Cherubi XD
I would also kill for a shiny Tyranitar.
[quote]"People are like Slinkies. Not good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs"[/quote]

Have a deviantART?
Watch me there!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Post by Slix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm

So, I was playing LeafGreen today, and went into the Safari Zone, just to catch some more Pokémon. I was thinking how funny it'd be if I ran into a shiny in there, and sure enough, I found a shiny Nidoran F! I just threw a Ball at it, thinking it wouldn't run, but it broke out of the ball and fled! :( I was so nervous, to be honest, when I saw it. I was going to take a picture real quick of it, but I didn't get a chance...

Oh well, what can I do about missing it?

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#18 Post by Gluttony » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Tch, that's a shame Slix.

The Safari Zones can be fickle though. I remember trying to get Heracross in the Hoenn Safari Zone last time I played Sapphire. Even that was hard enough. The chance of finding a shiny is so much lower.

IcestarRiver
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#19 Post by IcestarRiver » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 pm

I have a Shiny Krokorok and Beartic on my Black version.

NWaMpharosC

#20 Post by NWaMpharosC » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 am

I've had a shiny Raichu and a shiny Tentacruel. I once saw a shiny koffing...but that was when I didn't understand the importance of having pokeballs...

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.