Pokemon Creepypasta

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
surbet11
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#1 Post by surbet11 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

After posting some stories in the lavender town thread i wanted to see what ones you guys can find but before that one of my favs
Pokemon Red and Green versions began development in 1989, and were considered complete and fit for release in 1995. It took a long time, because of the problems surfacing along the way. These were considered at the time to be due to the game being on the cutting-edge of new technology, because the programmers were overcoming bugs nobody had to work around before.

In 1992-1993, when the first playable sections of the game were complete in alpha form, is what started the long struggle. HM moves didn’t exist at this point, instead, the player had to use items to get around. For example, the “surfboard” item allowed the player to surf across water. This item was still in the programming when the Beta version was released, and some more hardcore gamers managed to hack it into the game again. Instead of “cut”, the player would use the item “axe” on trees. Instead of “flash” you would use a “candle”. The “escape rope” was supposed to be replaced by the move Dig, for some reason though that item wasn’t removed.
It made perfect sense, and seemed to work just fine until one of the alpha version testers used the candle inside a building. The screen fogged up, the “smoke screen” attack animation covering everything. A text box appeared saying “Hurry, get away”.
The door sound played, the character would be returned to the overworld, the building would be blackened and un-enterable.
The Axe, worked perfectly for removing the small trees. It also worked on people. And some sections of the fence that hemmed in the entire playable world. Upon using the Axe on a human NPC, the sprite would vanish, and be replaced by a small patch of dark pixels. This looked most like the blood it represented in red version, and just slightly odd in green.
It became a morbid joke among the testers, who all assumed these things were programmed in just to try and spook them, and that these things would of course be removed from the final versions. They were. Mostly.
Escape Rope was considered a step too far by some. Upon standing facing a doorway, if you were to select and use the escape rope, it would form a noose and the player character would be hung from it! The only way to get out of this was to switch the game off and continue from the last save.
One of the testers left and a new person hired in his place. The new guy didn’t much like the sick jokes the programmers played on the testers. The others laughed it off, told him not to be so touchy. But he insisted that these were children’s games, and the programmers shouldn’t be adding these things, even if they were only temporary, or meant as a joke. That was so long ago, I’ve forgotten his name. It was Kenta.. or something. He complained to the higher-ups about the ‘added extras’, and some of the programmers were questioned and one was even fired over the incident. The claim was that they were deliberately wasting time and resources.
To be fair, by this time we had music and basic sound effects in the game which made the extra effects that little more gruesome. Using the Axe on a person, would trigger a high pitched squealing sound along with the disappearance and puddle of blood.
Burning buildings had an added repetitive crackling sound effect that imitated fire to the best of the old technology’s ability, and a singular crack would play when the Escape rope was used.
None of the programmers actually owned up to putting the dark extras in, they all claimed to have never seen them before, but they began to suspect each other, realising their jobs were on the line, and claimed to have suspicions about each other. Who knows if that programmer that was fired actually did have anything to do with it? It was decided that the items would be scrapped entirely, and HM moves were invented to enable the player to progress instead. The remaining programmers found a lot of trouble trying to erase the items from the code, and resorted to burying them, making them unusable or inaccessible. The effect was the same as erasing them, wasn’t it?
It worked. The whole incident was forgotten. Until the Beta versions were released to the public and hackers started taking an interest in the game’s coding.
There were the famous incidents surrounding lavender town, and the music that so badly affected younger players. There were one or two cases in which hackers had uncovered the buried items in the games coding, and the disturbing images that came with them combined with the overall music caused them to completely lose themselves. It was all covered up, mostly. Almost no records of what happened exist but I remember hearing on the news back then that a high school student had taken an axe to her classmates, she’d pulverised them as much as possible into indistinguishable puddles of human flesh.
Her surviving friends said she had become obsessed with her new Pokémon game in the time leading up to the attack. One of them, interviewed for a TV news bulletin described the girl as “like a maniac for Pokémon. She was always excited about secrets in the games”.
The axe wielding girl was of course hospitalised. She never spoke to anyone, but the nurses that took care of her claimed to hear her humming a tune at night. They said it was creepy and unsettling, the tune made them uncomfortable. The girl will be in her 30’s by now, hopefully still somewhere secure.
An older fan of the games’ office building burned down just months after the incident with the girl and the axe. It was mostly played off by the media as a tragic accident. Fire is quite a common risk in old multi story buildings full of paperwork after all. The strange thing was that only the one man survived, he had, apparently left the building almost pre-emptively, blocking doors behind him as he went. All the police could figure out about the fire was that it had started in the stationary cupboard, where someone had apparently left a box of candles, the only evidence of which was a pool of melted wax among the charred shelves and debris. He claimed to be shocked and horrified by the tragedy, saying he had nothing to do with it. He was under suspicion though and the police found several boxes of candles and a few hacked and edited copies of Pokémon red and green in his apartment. I don’t remember what happened to him after that, if he was convicted of arson or not. I remember a news bulletin on TV showing a burned game cartridge supposedly found in the man’s home.
There were more, all hushed up and forgotten with time. But with the modern world’s computer technology and game roms and so on, there is a real risk that someone might be able to uncover these items again.. unless in newer versions the old alpha coding was successfully removed but nobody would have been looking for it in order to do so would they?
The thought terrifies me. I don’t think I can handle seeing these things happen again, knowing I was part of it, that someone might eventually find me and question me. The music plays in my ears every day, that tinny pulse of lavender town and although I’ve survived this long, it is time to end the struggle. I’m writing this as a warning to anyone who may read it. Don’t go looking for the buried items. My Escape Rope is waiting

Kyliebell100
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult
Location: The Wonderful Kalos Region with my loyal Sylveon named Adori

#2 Post by Kyliebell100 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:51 pm

My fave Pokemon Creepypasta is Easter egg: Snow on Mt Silver, but since its so long I sometimes call it EE:SoMS though sometimes I think people won't understand what I'm trying to say by "EE:SoMS" (which again is Easter Egg: Snow on Mt Silver) I don't remenber how it goes but its about a pokemon Silver game which the player was on Mt: Silver (obviously cause the title says it) and it was snowing really hard, so hard it looked like static. Most steps the player took their pokemon were "dying". When the player got to where Red is (supposed to be), something happened and I don't really remnember the rest... Maybe it was a bluish Celebi with the red thing in its eye (socket) appeared? Try looking it up someday, its really good!
Last edited by Kyliebell100 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puffles says...
<(Hey everyone! Click me please!)

Melodia says...
<(Click that guy up there!)

Fluffles says...
<(Click me too!)

Image Image

The Blue Bandito
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Under your bed with a camera and a jar of fat-free mayonaise

#3 Post by The Blue Bandito » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Hypno's Lullabye

Come little children, come with me
Safe and happy you will be
Away from your homes, now let us run
With Hypno, you'll have so much fun

Oh, little children, please don't cry
Hypno wouldn't hurt a fly
Be free, be free be free to play
Come down in my cave with me to stay

Oh, little children, please don't squirm
Those ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Hypno tells you this is true
But sadly, Hypno lied to you

Oh, little children, you mustn't leave
Your families for you will grieve
Their minds will unravel at the seams
Allowing me to haunt their dreams

But surely, all of you must know
That it is time for you to go
Oh, little children, you weren't clever
Now you shall stay with me forever
That’s it, laughter, it’s the key to everything! It’s the way to solve all the sadness in the world! Being a comedian isn’t being an insensitive prick capitalizing on the most animalistic impulses of the public, it’s being a hero! The world isn’t sad, the world’s funny! I'm a sociopath! Tragedy will be exclusively joked about, because my empathy is bumming me out.

Goodbye sadness! Hello jokes.

SSJX
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#4 Post by SSJX » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:05 am

This is my favorite creepypasta Pokemon of all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6hSuKtsO-0

Expect swearing in video.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.