Still using Pokéwalker?

This forum is for the 4th and 5th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:39 am

Anyone out there still using their Pokéwalker daily? I am, I've been carrying it around pretty regularly for a few years now, and lately I've been using it to help raise some of the Pokémon I trained from my Diamond game that I wanted to get to Level 100. It's kinda fun to use it still to this day, even with Pokémon GO and your phone being able to count your steps.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

bezo93
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#2 Post by bezo93 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

I still use mine occasionally. Not every day, but tags along with me when I go hiking sometimes. It currently contains a lvl97 magikarp - I like the mental image of a high level (or 'long lived') magikarp using splash to leap a mountain but still getting the 'but nothing happened' message XD
"Creativity is intelligence having fun."

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 am

I posted this on Twitter a couple weeks ago, but I'll post it here for posterity too.

I discovered recently that once you get the maximum steps on your Pokéwalker synced to your HeartGold or SoulSilver game, it will not function as normal for gaining experience for your Pokémon. I hit 9,999,999 steps (and some lesser amount of Watts), and now when it syncs to the game, the Pokémon that returns will not gain any experience. I presume it's because the game takes the difference between the last synced total steps and the current synced total steps and applies that, but since it can't go up, it doesn't raise it any. I can still get Watts from walking to use toward finding Pokémon or items while walking, and they sync back still (presumably also until 9,999,999 Watts are earned). There is no known way to reset the total steps without restarting the game, so I've retired my walker for the time being, until I decide what I want to do, because I have all the routes unlocked and everything. :/

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#4 Post by fantanoice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 am

Pretty sure the battery has died in mine. I'm not sure where my HeartGold cart is as well. Pokémon Go is more practical for me
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.