Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow for 3DS Virtual Console

This forum is for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver,, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:33 am

During the Nintendo Direct last week, it was announced that Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions will all be made available for the 3DS Virtual Console in February of 2016, on the series' 20th anniversary. These games will be enhanced however, to include wireless trading and battling between 3DS systems, since the link cable will of course not work on the 3DS.

So, who's excited? Who's disappointed? Who's getting one, and which one(s)?

I'm definitely gonna have to see about price, but I'll probably at least pick up one, though I'd rather have a physical game to buy, rather than a digital copy, for longevity's sake. Plus, virtual/emulated games aren't really my thing, as I'd rather play the original games most times, but this might be an interesting shift in the way people play the original Pokémon games, because it'll probably get old fans back into the games, as well as "reviving" those old game cartridges that have bad batteries or whatever else might be wrong with them. I'm also intrigued on whether or not they fixed the glitches in the games, like the Mew glitch or the MissingNo. glitch.

We'll see!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

XShinigamiX
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#2 Post by XShinigamiX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:44 am

Digital copies in general seem weird to me, but then again I don't have a 3DS anyway. It's an exceptional idea to add these classics to one's collection... plus kids who haven't had the chance to experience the nostalgia, will get a crack a glimpse of it. Think they'll fix the glitches?
Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:09 pm

I got Pokémon Blue this morning. It's enjoyable to play again, especially with everyone that can battle and trade with me whenever that will be. :)

I think the glitches (aside from game breaking ones, like trading between Japanese and English games) are left in, as far as I know.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.