Pokémon TCG Online

This forum is for the other Pokémon games outside of the main series. These include Snap, Pinball, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and any other Pokémon game not in a section already.
Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#1 Post by Gluttony » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 pm

So I just discovered this thing here.

It lets you play the Pokémon Card Game online.

It's surprisingly fun, though quite laggy/crashy during peak hours. Best time to play seems to be around 8:00AM (which is based on my timezone, EST, re-calculate as-applicable for your own timezones.)

Quick tip to anyone who tries it out: Play through the Single Player Gold League first. It's against NPC opponents (who are pretty easy) and forces you to use decks themed around the Gen V starters, but your card options are pretty limited at first anyways. Beating all of the early NPCs in the Gold League with the same deck awards you a copy of that deck, which opens up some deck-building possibilities, especially if you go through and do it three times, once with each basic deck. (The Basic Blue deck, which is based around Oshawott, Tympole, Feebas, Buneary, and Lapras seems to be easiest for beginners to win with, especially because its weaknesses take the longest of the three basic decks to show up in the league.)

My screen name there is Spryte4 in case anyone wants to have a look.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#2 Post by catdogmouse » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:27 pm

I've played with this before, a reaaalllllyyyy long time ago... Wonder if they made any changes? I'll check it out again soon!
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#3 Post by Gluttony » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:29 pm

They've made quite a few changes. It's still a bit clunky in places, but a lot of the mechanics of the game itself have been improved on a fair bit.

TrainerZ3R0

#4 Post by TrainerZ3R0 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 am

Ehh, the Pokémon TCG really wasn't that great. Though I did end up collective a bunch of cards.

-Zero

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.