I am so incredibly lucky!

This forum is for the other Pokémon games outside of the main series. These include Pokémon Snap, Pinball, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Pokémon Go, and any other Pokémon game not in a section already.
King_Radbod

#1 Post by King_Radbod » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Today, something absolutely amazing happened. I was playing pixelmon, which is an awesome pokemon mod for minecraft, and I was exploring. I headed into a desert biome, and saw something that caught my eye. A volcarona, but something was up. I thought to myself, "no way.. that's a boss*1 volcarona right?..." As I further approached it, it sparkled. I had encountered a shiny volcarona! I stared in aww, and then noticed, it was level 64. There was no way I could catch that. I was determined to catch it though, so I started spamming pokeballs at it. I really wanted it, even though it broke out with no problem. Suddenly, on one of my last few pokeballs, I thought the game froze. I exploded into happiness when I saw the words, "Volcarona has been caught!". I immediately went into google, and found that the odds of volcarona spawning in the first place are 0.816% percent. I marveled at that, then did the math ( 1 / 8192 = 0.0001220703125). After that, I multiplied that by Volcarona's spawn rate (0.816 x 0.0001220703125). If the math is correct, the odds of a shiny volcarona spawning are 0.000099609375.
Wow.
There goes my good luck for the next 20 years, I'm never going to be lucky again! xD

*1 - Boss pokemon in pixelmon are different colored pokemon that are always higher levels than the highest on your team, and drop items when defeated.
KJV Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Just imagine me screaming randomly on a regular basis.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.