Poliwager Winter Tournament

Need to complete your Pokédex or want to challenge someone using your new team? Set up a battle or trade with fellow Poliwager Forums members on Pokémon Let's Go, Scarlet, Violet, Sword, Shield, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire here!

Which would you rather battle on?

Pokemon Showdown
No votes
ORAS
No votes
X & Y
100%

Total votes: 1

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#1 Post by Ostrid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:15 pm

With the New Years approaching and new members about. I would like to make an introduction as well as attempt to bring back an old idea.

Hello, I am Ostrid. Some folks around here call me Smeel, as well. You may also call me that if you so please. In any case, I present the, hopefully first of many, Poliwager Tournament. I, Ostrid, will deviously pit all of you among each other for my own amusement. for the glory and bragging rights of being the best.

I will post the rules for this tournament once we get a few things settled
1)The participants.
Of course this one is obvious. Not enough people means that this tournament can't get underway. My goal for this tournament is 8 people. We can do a small with anything less down to a cap of 4. I don't mind having large groups of people participating, so please, invite your friends!

2)What system we would want to battle.
Although this tournament is to celebrate ORAS's release and the new year. I'm sure most of us don't have that console yet. That's why i'm allowing you all to decide on what exactly we battle on. In my belief, the one that gives everyone the fairest chance would probably be showdown. There's always sticking to traditions sake and playing on ORAS. There's also X & Y, once again it is your choice.

I'm hoping we can get things underway by the 1st of the New Year. Happy Holidays, and good luck!

Participants:
Slix, king of the poliwags.
Ostrid, potato murderer
Last edited by Ostrid on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:51 am

Happy holidays everyone! :D

I'd love to participate (if it works out time wise - I'll be gone from the 28-1st) and if we choose to use X and Y. But if we opt for ORAS that'll work too, I can manage with that as well!

Let's see this through guys! It'll be awesome!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#3 Post by Ostrid » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Glad to see that you are in. Hope we can get some more. :D

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:03 pm

I know this didn't happen, but can we strive to get a spring tournament up and ready? ORAS or XY would be fine with me.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#5 Post by Ostrid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:17 am

I'd lock it for now. I'll see what I can start up.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.