Poliwager Annual Birthday Bash(Tournament)

Need to complete your Pokédex or want to challenge someone using your new team? Set up a battle or trade with fellow Poliwager Forums members on Pokémon Let's Go, Scarlet, Violet, Sword, Shield, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire here!
Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#1 Post by Ostrid » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 am

Alright folks, as part of my commandeering of the metaphorical Poliwager ship, I'll be hosting this year's birthday tournament!

"Awesome! How do we start?"
Simply post on this thread stating you would like to compete. Doesn't have to be too complex, just notify me in some way that you want to compete!

"So... what game are we gonna use?"
Silly, nonexistent child! We'll be using Pokemon showdown as to maximize the amount of contestants. Also allows others to be able to battle against each other with stated out pokemon. Equal opportunity!

"So what are the rules? Can I us-
Stop right there, nonexistent child! To honor the true spirit of BellsprouterPoliwager! We will be using random battles for our battles. Thus allowing the maximum potential for strategy by allowing one's self to be thrown into the unconventional. If you don't know what you're doing, neither will your opponent.

TL:DR: Random battle format, Bracket style(Although if I can't get 8 contestants we're switching over to round robin), on pokemon showdown

"What's the grand prize! Tell me! C'mon!
It's a secret for now. ;)
The winner will proudly be presented the title of Poliwager Champion. Replacing that silly little "Member" title presented by your name. Slix approved!

So sign up today, folks! Let this mass hysteria of a tournament.. begin!

Contestants:
-Ostrid
-Slix
-Nixen
-Aquil
-Chaze
-Puff
Last edited by Ostrid on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:06 pm

I've never used Pokémon Showdown, but hey, why not give it a shot. I'm in. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#3 Post by Ostrid » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Thank you for participating! It's really simple and easy to use. Especially since it's just random battles and you don't have to create teams! :D

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by Chaze the Chat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 am

I'll sign up

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#5 Post by Ostrid » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 pm

and with Aquil, that makes 5. C'mon grab your friends and neighbors! This bash is almost underway! I'll update the list soon.

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Ostrid » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:35 am

Sorry for the bump guys, but with 6 people. I'd like to commence the tournament.
Due to there only being 6 contestants, I'm changing the format from bracket to Round robin rules. Each contestant will face off against every other contestant at some point. You get 2 for winning the match. Losing, however, will grant you no points. In the event of a tie, each contestant will receive 1 point. With that noted here are the first round matchups:

Puff v. Chaze

Nixen v. Ostrid

Slix v. Aquil

Good luck contestants! Please note that I am still accepting late applicants until the final match of this round has occured.

JigglyPuffSurviver
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#7 Post by JigglyPuffSurviver » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:45 am

Chaze is going to ruin me in this tournament, he's a very smart guy. ha ha :D
My Taste in Music is Your FACE!

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#8 Post by Ostrid » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:54 am

But is he a lucky guy, this is a random battle tournament. ;D

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.