Poliwager Forums

Poliwager •  Adoptables •  Search •  Register •  Login 
Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome to Poliwager Forums!

Hey there! Welcome to Poliwager Forums! If this is your first visit, come on in! We're a fun-loving, somewhat small community that loves Pokémon, hanging out, and just having fun together!

We'd love it if you registered and stuck around, you're sure to like it here and we're always excited when new people arrive! Registering is easy and fast, and you can begin posting right away!

If you've been here before, please log in above. After all, you've read this before!

[ 8 posts ] 
Poliwag Elite
Poliwag Elite

Alright folks, as part of my commandeering of the metaphorical Poliwager ship, I'll be hosting this year's birthday tournament!

"Awesome! How do we start?"
Simply post on this thread stating you would like to compete. Doesn't have to be too complex, just notify me in some way that you want to compete!

"So... what game are we gonna use?"
Silly, nonexistent child! We'll be using Pokemon showdown as to maximize the amount of contestants. Also allows others to be able to battle against each other with stated out pokemon. Equal opportunity!

"So what are the rules? Can I us-
Stop right there, nonexistent child! To honor the true spirit of BellsprouterPoliwager! We will be using random battles for our battles. Thus allowing the maximum potential for strategy by allowing one's self to be thrown into the unconventional. If you don't know what you're doing, neither will your opponent.

TL:DR: Random battle format, Bracket style(Although if I can't get 8 contestants we're switching over to round robin), on pokemon showdown

"What's the grand prize! Tell me! C'mon!
It's a secret for now. ;)
The winner will proudly be presented the title of Poliwager Champion. Replacing that silly little "Member" title presented by your name. Slix approved!

So sign up today, folks! Let this mass hysteria of a tournament.. begin!

Contestants:
-Ostrid
-Slix
-Nixen
-Aquil
-Chaze
-Puff

Last edited by Ostrid on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am 
Administrator

I've never used Pokémon Showdown, but hey, why not give it a shot. I'm in. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28
Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:06 pm 
Poliwag Elite
Poliwag Elite

Thank you for participating! It's really simple and easy to use. Especially since it's just random battles and you don't have to create teams! :D

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:22 pm 
Global Moderator

I'll sign up

99% of this generation hasn't listened to Gangnamcore. If you're the 1% who has put this in your signature.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.
Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:29 am 
Poliwag Elite
Poliwag Elite

and with Aquil, that makes 5. C'mon grab your friends and neighbors! This bash is almost underway! I'll update the list soon.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:16 pm 
Poliwag Elite
Poliwag Elite

Sorry for the bump guys, but with 6 people. I'd like to commence the tournament.
Due to there only being 6 contestants, I'm changing the format from bracket to Round robin rules. Each contestant will face off against every other contestant at some point. You get 2 for winning the match. Losing, however, will grant you no points. In the event of a tie, each contestant will receive 1 point. With that noted here are the first round matchups:

Puff v. Chaze

Nixen v. Ostrid

Slix v. Aquil

Good luck contestants! Please note that I am still accepting late applicants until the final match of this round has occured.

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:35 am 
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

Chaze is going to ruin me in this tournament, he's a very smart guy. ha ha :D

My Taste in Music is Your FACE!
Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:45 am 
Poliwag Elite
Poliwag Elite

But is he a lucky guy, this is a random battle tournament. ;D

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:54 am 
   [ 8 posts ] 

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.