Poliwager Tournaments HQ

Need to complete your Pokédex or want to challenge someone using your new team? Set up a battle or trade with fellow Poliwager Forums members on Pokémon Let's Go, Scarlet, Violet, Sword, Shield, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire here!
Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#1 Post by Jolteon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Home Base of Poliwager Tournaments
Organizers: Smeel and Jolteon
Website

Welcome to the official forum headquarters of Poliwager Tournaments! To reduce clutter in the tournament threads themselves, this thread is for questions, suggestions, news and anything that doesn't relate to a specific tournament. Feel free to post any comments or questions here. Smeel and I will also do regular posts about news related to the tourneys.

Tentative Schedule
Tournament in progress Sign-ups in progress

None at the moment

Ideas for future tournaments? Share them with us!

Tournament History

Post Archive

2/11/11 (Jolteon): The Rebirth of Poliwager Tourneys

So, after an entire year of vacation, Poliwager Tourneys are back. This thread will serve as the main hub for anything related to the tournaments.

The first tournament of the year will take place in March. We will be modeling it after the January Tournament of 2010, with just a basic knockout bracket. Detailed battle rules will be decided when the sign-ups open on Saturday, February 19th. In case you were wondering about the sign-up time, we're going to try opening the tournaments on the first of their designated month to allow for inevitable schedule/time zone complications.

Smeel and I will carry on as co-organizers, and the website (link above) will continue. We are always looking for new ways to improve the tourneys, and your feedback in this thread is much appreciated. Please participate in Poliwager Tournaments in 2011!

3/17/11 (Jolteon): Birthday Tourney, Black and White Inclusion Poll
So, after the underwhelming March tourney, we are now faced with the April tournament, centered around Poliwager's birthday. The main reason for my posting is the issue of including Black and White or not. There are a few things to consider:
1. Unless I'm forgetting someone, every active member has a copy of the game, so my original fears of losing participants are now invalid.
2. The 5th generation WiFi room does not offer a simple level modification option. There is a level 50 all option, but it only allows the use of three Pokemon. The inclusion of these games would also include setting the new standard ruleset to fit this. Vote with this in mind.
3. Training in Black and White is substantially harder than in previous games, given that there is no method of rematching trainers, other than daily reoccuring ones in the Nimbasa sports arenas and such.
4. If you transfer your good battlers from Gen 4 using the Poke Transfer Lab, this is permanent and these Pokemon will no longer be accessible in Gen 4.
So, with those things in mind, please vote accordingly. Also, please only vote if you are planning on participating in Poliwager Tournaments in the near future. The poll closes on the 21st, when sign-ups open for the Birthday Tourney.
And yes, the choices are in Spanish. Top one's yes and bottom's no.
For those of you waiting on userbars, I'll take care of them tomorrow.

1/16/12 (Jolteon): Collecting Interest for Monthly Tournaments
Ehehe. The whole "monthly tourney" thing didn't work out, once again, because to be honest not a single Pikachu was given in 2011. However, St. Shotgun and yours truly have decided that the time is ripe for another attempt. But, of course, we could be wrong, so to play it safe we are running a poll, which you should have seen at the top of the post. The choices should be self-explanatory; essentially we want to gauge the interest in, hypothetically, having monthly tourneys in 2012. No promises are being made, though.

At this stage of the month, we will not be trying to cram one in, so the poll will be open from the time of this post until January 22, inclusive. Please make sure to vote, and as always post any comments or suggestions in this thread. Thanks!

Sorry for vanishing, exams momentarily ate my life and I forgot about the pending questionnaire.

However, after lengthy and painstaking deliberation (ha), Smeel and I have decided to postpone the return of the monthly tournaments. The poll indicates that the majority of the respondents are unable to participate, and those that are able are unsure they will have the time. The previous two years have shown that the tournaments would be short-lived if we went ahead without a solid participant base of respectable size.

The program is not completely dead; as Poliwager continues to attract new members, there will be more possible opportunities for a comeback. However, the monthly tournaments will remain shelved until it seems prudent to reassess the community's interest.
Last edited by Jolteon on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 22 times in total.
CHAZE used A BIT OF PROPER GRAMMER! It doesn't affect wild SNEAKACHU...
SMEEL used SHOTGUN! Critical Hit!
SLIX used CHARM! A wild BABE appeared!
STONE used MY LITTLE PONY! It's super effective!
AQUIL used RIBS! Foe WORLD fainted!
A wild GLUTTONY appeared! PIRATICE fainted!
A wild OC appeared! POLIWAGER fainted!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Smeel, can you fix the links to the forums and site on the tourney site? It would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#3 Post by Ostrid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Lol I will soon! Sorry busy with sports and all. I will when I can though

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#4 Post by Jolteon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

3/17/11 (Jolteon): Birthday Tourney, Black and White Inclusion Poll
So, after the underwhelming March tourney, we are now faced with the April tournament, centered around Poliwager's birthday. The main reason for my posting is the issue of including Black and White or not. There are a few things to consider:
1. Unless I'm forgetting someone, every active member has a copy of the game, so my original fears of losing participants are now invalid.
2. The 5th generation WiFi room does not offer a simple level modification option. There is a level 50 all option, but it only allows the use of three Pokemon. The inclusion of these games would also include setting the new standard ruleset to fit this. Vote with this in mind.
3. Training in Black and White is substantially harder than in previous games, given that there is no method of rematching trainers, other than daily reoccuring ones in the Nimbasa sports arenas and such.
4. If you transfer your good battlers from Gen 4 using the Poke Transfer Lab, this is permanent and these Pokemon will no longer be accessible in Gen 4.
So, with those things in mind, please vote accordingly. Also, please only vote if you are planning on participating in Poliwager Tournaments in the near future. The poll closes on the 21st, when sign-ups open for the Birthday Tourney.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Acccutally. Poliwager's real birthday is in November. The original forums were made in April, but Poliwager had been around since that previous November.

But hey, it's all good. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by Chaze the Chat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Jolteon wrote:3/17/11 (Jolteon): Birthday Tourney, Black and White Inclusion Poll
Have you ever heard of the Tabunne Method?

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#7 Post by Jolteon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Yeah, Audinos are great and all that, but compare it to the freedom of the Vs. Seeker it's kind of meh.

superdude3
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#8 Post by superdude3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

I actually don't have Black or White. >< so id be stuck with having to use Soul Silver or Diamond.
Image Image

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#9 Post by Jolteon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Well, then vote accordingly.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#10 Post by Chaze the Chat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Jolteon wrote:Yeah, Audinos are great and all that, but compare it to the freedom of the Vs. Seeker it's kind of meh.
You get a ton of EXP though, like 4,000 with Lucky Egg and at Giant Chasm.

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.