April Tournament - Poliwager Forums 2nd Anniversary

Need to complete your Pokédex or want to challenge someone using your new team? Set up a battle or trade with fellow Poliwager Forums members on Pokémon Let's Go, Scarlet, Violet, Sword, or Shield here!
Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#1 Post by Jolteon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Poliwager Forums Birthday Tournament
April 2011
Co-organizers: smeel and Jolteon

Welcome to the Poliwager Birthday Tournament! To celebrate the 2nd anniversary of Poliwager Forums, another tournament is being held.

Links:
Official Poliwager Tournaments site - run by smeel
Check out the tourney site for tournament news, a bracket archive, updated schedules and more!

Main Poliwager Tournaments Thread
The forum home of Poliwager Tournaments. This is the place for questions, suggestions, and general tourney news.

Poliwager Tier List
Slix's tier list, which will be in use this month.

Advertise the tournament on other sites with this spiffy userbar!
Code:
[code]Image[/code]

Tournament Rules:
Okay, a few additions this month. Most pressingly, Black and White are the new usable games after an astounding vote of 2-1. Note that this is not set in stone. Until there is a unanimous vote either way, we will take it as a month-by-month thing. If the tournament goes badly because of it, consider it food for thought. See update at the bottom of the page
The inclusion of Gen V brings up a change in the battle rules to accomodate the uncooperative WiFi Room. The only change that should apply to you is that you choose three Pokemon that are auto-leveled to Level 50, similar to the Battle Tower/Frontier. Other rules like tier lists will still fluctuate, but keep in mind the new number of allowed Pokemon.

Battle Rules:
It seems fit that for the Poliwager tourney we would condone to the Poliwager rules. Since we were fairly open last month, it seems fair that this moth we will return to the old standby. For newcomers, the basics are these:
-We use Slix's modified tier list, which bans all legendaries and a selection of common OU's such as Tyranitar and Milotic. However, this is current as of Gen IV, so that no stipulations have been added as far as Gen V. Thus I have tacked on the following until it is updated:
Reshiram
Zekrom
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Kyurem
Victini
Cobalion
Virizion (rule the air)
Terrakion
Victini

Recaps:
Recaps are completely optional, but for those who aren't participating or have been eliminated, recaps are a nice way for everyone to enjoy your battle. If you do decide on doing a recap, taking notes is a good idea. Here is a good example of a recap (by Slix):
The tournament started off greatly as Jolt defeated slix 4-0(As in pokemon left).

Slix sent out LitlFightr first, a Hitmontop, and used Fake Out. Arcanine, Jolteon's first Pokémon, flinched, and then used Flare Blitz. LitlFightr held on, with only 10 HP, used Revenge, and knocked out Arcanine.

Jolteon sent out Jolteon next (ironic huh?) and Slix switched out to Swampert. Swampert used Earthquake, just as Jolteon was withdrawn for another Swampert! Jolteon's Swampert was left with about half of it's HP.

Slix's Swampert then used Ice Beam, it wasn't very effective. Jolteon's Swampert used Waterfall.

Jolteon's Swampert used Earthquake, and Slix's used Hammer Arm (miss).

Slix's used Waterfall, and Jolteon's Swampert was nearly knocked out. Jolteon's Swampert used Waterfall and knocks out Slix's Swampert.

Slix sends out Poliwag, and Jolteon switches to Jolteon. Poliwag uses Psychic, and gets Jolteon down to about 3/4 HP.

Jolteon uses Thunderbolt, and Poliwag faints. Slix sends out KIM, Gardevoir. KIM uses Psychic. Jolteon withdraws, and sends out Probopass. Critical Hit!

KIM uses Focus Blast, and knocks out Probopass!

Jolteon sends out Weavile, and knocks out KIM using Night Slash!

Slix then sends out LitlFightr again. LitlFightr takes a hit from Weavile, using Ice Punch, and faints.

Slix sends out Crobat, and uses Cross Poison. Weavile uses Ice Punch, and knocks out Crobat.

Slix sends out his last Pokémon, Blaed, a Scyther. Weavile uses Ice Punch again.

The battle's over. Slix loses to Jolteon!
Prizes:
The userbars are returning as per usual. The theme will obviously be Poliwag, but I would hate to rip off the January Tournament design from last year. The exact layout is seeeecret.

Sign-ups:
Sign-ups will run from the time of this posting to March 31st, 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
The sign-up form is very simple! Just post your friend code, and the game you will be using for the tourney.
Also, please specify if you would like to be automatically signed up for future tournaments.
Like so: White FC: 0000-0000-0000.
Yes, I would like to be automatically signed up for future tournaments.

The Contestants:

Jolteon
Black FC: 3739 9036 1748
Platinum FC: 2965 4465 6757

Chaze the Chat
Black FC: 2708 8450 2207
SoulSilver FC: 4512 3963 9193

smeel
Pearl FC: 5286 1289 3744

Slix
Diamond FC: 1289 6339 6793

superdude3
Diamond FC: 3481 0754 2265

The Schedule:
If all matches are done, we will progress to the next round. The closing/opening time for all windows is 9:00 PM Eastern.

Round 1: March 31 (after 9) - April 4
Jolteon vs. smeel

Round 2: April 4 - April 9
Slix vs. (W Jolteon/smeel)
Superdude vs. Chaze

Final: April 10

(W Slix vs. [Jolteon/smeel]) vs. (W Superdude vs. Chaze)

The Results:
We don't have any yet, for obvious reasons. Wins/losses will go here, and the bracket is one the tourney website.

And a quick note...
The tourney thread is not a place for random battle-related posts. In order to keep the thread clutter-free, please post in the Chatterbox or make a corresponding thread. Thanks.
Last edited by Jolteon on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CHAZE used A BIT OF PROPER GRAMMER! It doesn't affect wild SNEAKACHU...
SMEEL used SHOTGUN! Critical Hit!
SLIX used CHARM! A wild BABE appeared!
STONE used MY LITTLE PONY! It's super effective!
AQUIL used RIBS! Foe WORLD fainted!
A wild GLUTTONY appeared! PIRATICE fainted!
A wild OC appeared! POLIWAGER fainted!

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#2 Post by Chaze the Chat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm signed up. Now. Update it. XD

Which FC shall I put?

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

superdude3
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#3 Post by superdude3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Ill join, and ill be using my diamond.
Friend code- 3481 0754 2265
Image Image

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#4 Post by Jolteon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:52 pm

OK, there seems to be some confusion. Black and White are the games we are using for this tournament. However, if we only have two participants I don't think we'll be having a tourney at all.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I'll join. Black it is. :D

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by Chaze the Chat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Jolteon wrote:OK, there seems to be some confusion. Black and White are the games we are using for this tournament. However, if we only have two participants I don't think we'll be having a tourney at all.
I'll join too. You know my black code. I do not. Could you post it for me?

Jolteon
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#7 Post by Jolteon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Chaze, you're in.
Friend code por favor Slix.
Alright, smeel and I had a talk (not "the talk", thank god) and we've decided to allow 4th gen games as well. This can accomodate smeel and superdude and make the tournament a little less pathetic. Since we now have two allowed games, we'll take it on a match by match basis. Essentially, the two battlers decide which they'll use. So have FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by Chaze the Chat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Jolteon wrote:Chaze, you're in.
Friend code por favor Slix.
Alright, smeel and I had a talk (not "the talk", thank god) and we've decided to allow 4th gen games as well. This can accomodate smeel and superdude and make the tournament a little less pathetic. Since we now have two allowed games, we'll take it on a match by match basis. Essentially, the two battlers decide which they'll use. So have FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.
Oh, this will be fun. XD

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#9 Post by Ostrid » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm

change in friend code: 5286 1289 3744
And i shall update the site real soon. Pm me the bracket when you can.

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#10 Post by Chaze the Chat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Whoa, when did this start?

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.