Pass-along Pokemon (idea)

Poliwager Adoptables is a place for adopting your own Pokémon eggs and raising them together with others! Talk about anything related to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
[Poliwager Adoptables Click Exchange Topic]
Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#1 Post by Aratak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Need that one rare pokemon but can't seem to find it? Too embarrassed to ask other players to breed you one? Or maybe you have many rare breedable pokemon and many chances to breed them.

So here's an idea for the community. "Pass-along Pokemon." An official (sorta), planned out trading process. Here's how I propose it works.

1. Player A breeds a rare pokemon egg. They let it hatch, then name it "Pass Me Along!" and abandon it to the shelter.
2. Player B picks up the "Pass Me Along!" pokemon and breeds that pokemon for themselves until they get an egg to keep. Then they abandon the original "Pass Me Along!" back to the shelter.
3. Player C picks up the "Pass Me Along!" pokemon and breeds etc etc etc.

In essence, if we have player awareness of this idea and participation from people that can breed these rare pokemon to put them into the shelter, then we can share the love and help out other players fill their pokedex!

Sure, some people will be jerks and probably try and keep these pokemon, but I have faith in some of you guys :)

But to help curb that chance, players that participate by breeding the initial pokemon can keep track of who has it via their released pokemon page and they can politely explain to the person to pass it along if it seems they don't intend to.

Thoughts?

smallboy11
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by smallboy11 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 am

Like you said some people will keep the Pokemon and wouldn't there be arguing? Example:

Person A: Will you hurry up you've had the Pokemon for XX days now.
Person B: Shut UP and let me take my time

Therefore giant flame war, but it would help some people so I think 50/50. Shouldn't you have posted this in suggestions?
Please Click:

My Mewtwo Team:

Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#3 Post by Aratak » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 pm

This isn't a "site suggestion," it's for players. Not really a club, but sorta. A group of players trying to help other players. I'm getting to the point I've gotten almost everything I want and I'm more than willing to breed for other people. I thought it would be nice to get other players involved too. It's not without flaws, but it's something to do.

And to prevent "flame wars," multiple pokemon can be added to the shelter, so that if theres 3-5 or so circling, one will be available eventually. And in any case, it's better to ask for the pokemon to be released again instead of demanding it. I haven't seen anyone yet on this site as rude as that. I have confidence that it could work.

Dr_ZionBryce
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#4 Post by Dr_ZionBryce » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

i really like this idea. i, too, have faith in this community. sure, there will be some flaws, but overall i'm confident this will work. great idea Aratak
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.