Poliwager's 5th Anniversary!

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 am

Here we are. 5 years after Poliwager was started.

On this day, November 27, in 2008, I sat down at my computer on Thanksgiving and began working on a few small pages, notably the Happiness page (I say notably because I honestly don't remember a ton of what was first around back then.). This was done in iWeb, a program that used to be included with Macs for making quick and easy webpages and getting them online with my Apple account. The domain name wasn't at all official, so in January 2010, I learned HTML and CSS and completely rewrote Poliwager and then in May that year I bought the domain name Poliwager.net for it. After that, Poliwager started taking off more. Earlier, in April 2009, however, I created the Poliwager Forums, which were also under a free domain name that wasn't through Poliwager.net's either, and that was pretty successful the first year and a half until I moved the forums over to the Poliwager.net subdomain, Forums.Poliwager.net, which was a wonderful change. Also in 2010, the Poliwager Adoptables was started in June. And as they say, the rest is history. (If you're curious about more history of the site, please check this page out!)

Since that first day of Poliwager, we've hosted tournaments, played games together, adopted Pokémon together, hung out in the Chatterbox, and just had a great time. From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to say thank you, all of you, for helping make Poliwager a success, and having fun with everyone involved!

Now, let's pop open that famous Poliwager Champaign and have a party in the Poliwager House! :D

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

JTSkibbles

#2 Post by JTSkibbles » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:44 am

Happy anniversary <3 I may be new but thanks for all your years of work =3

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#3 Post by Gluttony » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

Happy Anniversary Poliwager!

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#4 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Happy Anniversary guys!
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Vaporized
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#5 Post by Vaporized » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Happy Anniversary Poliwager!!!!

Who's going for 25k interactions? xd

TheDemigod3142
Location: In the depths of my mind, where the random reigns and anything goes.

#6 Post by TheDemigod3142 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 am

Happy 5th Birthday Poliwager!

I hope the next 5 years on the site will be just as eventful as the last! Well done to all of Poliwager's dedicated staff for providing us with such a great service! :D

~TheDemigod3142~
“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.” -J.K. Rowling

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#7 Post by Nerdy12 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Happy 5th Birthday Poliwager!

I hope the next 5 years on the site will be just as eventful as the last! Well done to all of Poliwager's dedicated staff for providing us with such a great service!

~TheDemigod3142~
Agreed! :D
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.