Poliwager Forums 2014 Referral Contest!

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Post by Chaze the Chat » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Yo, peeps! Are you bored with having five members a week on this site talking about things you have no idea about? Well, now it's time to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

From the day I post this until April 10th, when Poliwager Forums finally leaves the toddler days and reaches school age, we will be having an EPIC USER REFERRAL-ATHON WHAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Ah-hem. Yes, the contest will go like this:

1. Refer someone. It doesn't matter: your friend, your teacher, your parent, your dog...ok, maybe not your dog, but refer someone onto the great hotness that is Poliwager. This can also include members you haven't seen post in over a year. Have them join here!
2. Have them type your username into the referral field on the Poliwager registration page and have them be active to get ONE POLIWAGER DOLLAR (Not actual currency. Seriously, Monopoly money will be worth more) and then post here saying that you are entering this contest!
3. Whoever has the most POLIWAGER DOLLARS by the end of the contest wins!

Now, I know what you're saying, “Oh, Chaze, what is the point of helping out this website I don't even go on, nor am not even active on?” Well, if you'd hold your horses for a second, maybe I'll get to it!

Yes, there are SPECTACULAR PRIZES to this contest! (woooooooo)

The GRAND PRIZE!!!!!!! *Confetti, streamers*

1. Great Leader himself (Slix) will make you an AVATAR, WALLPAPER, AND SIGNATURE to thank you for your heroic duty of making Poliwager Forums even more popular than it already is!
2. Great Leader will also breed you a perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X or Y of your choice! (There are obviously limits to what he can do, so within reason!)
3. I, myself, (who is not Great Leader but recognizes the greatness within him) am making a video game, and YOU, the winner, will be able to design an enemy for it, or become a secret boss in the game, IF YOU WIN THIS.

SECOND PLACE PRIZE *One guy yells woo*

1. Pfft, nothing.

These are the terms and prizes to this contest. Get advertising, and achieve GREAT SUCCESS.

EDIT: The Advertising topic has been updated with some new signature banners to help get the word out about Poliwager Forums! Use these if you feel like using a signature banner!

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Anyone that I refer will not count toward Poliwager Dollars, since I'm giving out some of the prizes. ;D

Let's get people here and make Poliwager Forums more fun and awesome for everyone that comes on!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

The Blue Bandito
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Under your bed with a camera and a jar of fat-free mayonaise

#3 Post by The Blue Bandito » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm shooting for second prize!
That’s it, laughter, it’s the key to everything! It’s the way to solve all the sadness in the world! Being a comedian isn’t being an insensitive prick capitalizing on the most animalistic impulses of the public, it’s being a hero! The world isn’t sad, the world’s funny! I'm a sociopath! Tragedy will be exclusively joked about, because my empathy is bumming me out.

Goodbye sadness! Hello jokes.

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#4 Post by Ostrid » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 am

I'll give it a shot. Also, didn't know that you were making a video game. >.>

MidnightMemory2939

#5 Post by MidnightMemory2939 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:41 am

2nd prize all the way!

I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:28 am

The Advertising topic has been updated with some new signature banners to help get the word out about Poliwager Forums! Use these if you feel like using a signature banner!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Slix » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Just a few days until we turn 5! Anyone else participating in this contest?

hydrocannon
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#8 Post by hydrocannon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 pm

I am, Slix. I know one of my friends is joining at the very least.
Slix made the awesome avi and banner, cuz he's awesome!
FC: 2621-2835-1402.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by Slix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Well! This contest didn't exactly take off as expected, but that's alright!

hydrocannon! You are the winner! Please PM me what you'd like as your avatar, signature, and wallpaper images and I'll get to work as soon as possible!

Thanks everyone for participating!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.