Dance, Puppets, Dance! (or suggestions for you normal folk)

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#51 Post by Slix » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Yup, sorry for mentioning that. On here, PMs already show the previous messages in the thread. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Princess Hug
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#52 Post by Princess Hug » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm

This is probably a long-shot idea but I'll suggest it anyways. What if we got a booth at some sort of convention? That would probably cost money so if we actually considered this, maybe users could donate for it. If we don't raise enough money users could get their money back?
ImageImageImage

Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#53 Post by Chaze the Chat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Princess Hug wrote:This is probably a long-shot idea but I'll suggest it anyways. What if we got a booth at some sort of convention? That would probably cost money so if we actually considered this, maybe users could donate for it. If we don't raise enough money users could get their money back?
It's definitely a great idea, but for right now, I don't think we're big enough to get users to donate for us. We gotta get bigger before we do something like this

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#54 Post by Asha » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 am

I agree with the convention however due to the size of the forum I can also see this being a problem until we are much bigger. I feel its one to keep hold of :)

My Adoptable Army

tpf
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#55 Post by tpf » Sat May 23, 2015 8:42 am

A few more suggestions for adoptables:
1) Option to trade. (It could be a whole page or something similar to a message, but where it requests a trade of one pokemon for another; Possibly trade restrictions as to what kind of pokemon each pokemon can be traded with, such as: legend or shiny for legend or shiny, breedable for breedable (neither shiny), novelty for novelty)
2) Option to sort pokemon by IVs: http://poliwager.net/adopt/mypokemon.php "Click to sort your Pokémon by their ID numbers, total clicks, levels, total views, if they're active or if they're in your PC."
3) For the "Feed the next (Pokemon/Egg)..." button maybe change it to a button that once clicked it can't be clicked again, otherwise people have to resort to using older browsers, where if you click on it more than once on the same page it doesn't try and reload that next page each time you click.
4) With declining use of this game it has become next to impossible for us to actually break the mystery counter, how about for each day we don't break it the amount required lowers a certain percentage from the previous time broken.
5) Maybe increase the chance of obtaining pearls, I've obtained only 107 pearls since I bought Dive while in that same time I've gained enough soot to obtain 3 Groudon (Albeit mostly obtained from clicking on pokemon).
6) With how many pokemon there are still not available on adoptables maybe make one or two more available each week?
7) And lastly maybe for every 1,000 clicks a day the next day's multiplier could add 1% (So 100,000 clicks would give a 2x multiplier; Or whatever amount you think is good, if added), which isn't too much (Imo) and would give users incentive to click each day.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#56 Post by Slix » Tue May 26, 2015 1:08 pm

tpf wrote:A few more suggestions for adoptables:
1) Option to trade. (It could be a whole page or something similar to a message, but where it requests a trade of one pokemon for another; Possibly trade restrictions as to what kind of pokemon each pokemon can be traded with, such as: legend or shiny for legend or shiny, breedable for breedable (neither shiny), novelty for novelty)
2) Option to sort pokemon by IVs: http://poliwager.net/adopt/mypokemon.php "Click to sort your Pokémon by their ID numbers, total clicks, levels, total views, if they're active or if they're in your PC."
3) For the "Feed the next (Pokemon/Egg)..." button maybe change it to a button that once clicked it can't be clicked again, otherwise people have to resort to using older browsers, where if you click on it more than once on the same page it doesn't try and reload that next page each time you click.
4) With declining use of this game it has become next to impossible for us to actually break the mystery counter, how about for each day we don't break it the amount required lowers a certain percentage from the previous time broken.
5) Maybe increase the chance of obtaining pearls, I've obtained only 107 pearls since I bought Dive while in that same time I've gained enough soot to obtain 3 Groudon (Albeit mostly obtained from clicking on pokemon).
6) With how many pokemon there are still not available on adoptables maybe make one or two more available each week?
7) And lastly maybe for every 1,000 clicks a day the next day's multiplier could add 1% (So 100,000 clicks would give a 2x multiplier; Or whatever amount you think is good, if added), which isn't too much (Imo) and would give users incentive to click each day.
I'll try my best to address these here:

1) Trading won't be added. The site is meant to be somewhat random in what Pokemon you can obtain, so releasing and adopting from the Shelter will remain the available options to "trade" Pokémon.

2) With the current way I've implemented IVs, this can't be added yet, but I'm still looking into ways to make this possible.

3) I've actually looked into this before, and I haven't found a way to implement it yet, but if anyone comes across a JavaScript way to disable a link after clicking on it once, please let me know!

4) I've been considering different ways to allow the users to somewhat easily break the Mystery Counter, without nerfing the entire system, but what I can say is that we've been fairly close to breaking it, even this month, with a handful of people being very active during those days, so it can still be done, but we need people to strive toward that goal as a group, I think. :)

5) I just did this, so there ya go! viewtopic.php?p=44807#p44807

6) I can continue doing this, yes. With me being out of school for the summer, I'll have more time to work on little things like adding new Pokémon, so keep your eyes out!

7) I don't think I'll do anything like this, because that's essentially what the Mystery Counter is, though I do like the idea.

Thanks for the ideas, and if you have any more please don't hesitate! :D

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.