Dance, Puppets, Dance! (or suggestions for you normal folk)

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Chaze the Chat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Post by Chaze the Chat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:10 pm

As you may or may not have noticed over the past few months, the Poliwager Forums Goals Until April 2015 haven't been incredibly successful. Let's change that! How, you ask? With suggestions and ideas from you, the community!

Now, for why all of you are (or at least should be if you don't read topic titles) here. Poliwager is run by one guy: me, Chaze Slix. Something you may not know, however, is that he's a puppet. Everything on this site was designed by me. Everything. Even the banner made by Piratice and the Novelty Pokemon evergreenn made. I made it. Now, I'm pretty perfect, but sometimes it's hard to come up with things, or I have so many genius ideas I can't get them all done at once. That's where you come in!

In this topic, you can post what you would like added to the site, the Forums, or the Adoptables, or what should be changed about the site, and if your idea is pretty good, or other people like it and it's not pretty good, I'll add it (unless the idea is actually pretty terrible. Then it will not be added.). This can be anything from new features, to new articles, to new forums, to new Pokemon in the Adoptables, to new Capri-Sun juice pouch flavors. (Okay, I don't control juice, but that'd be pretty cool, right?)

Okay, okay, maybe Slix isn't actually a puppet, but he'll still take everything in this topic to heart.

Post your suggestions today!

I don't care, if we're dead, I am Captain Splendid.

tpf
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#2 Post by tpf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:15 pm

I'd like to see three things added to adoptables: IV's, a list of what pokemon we have/don't have in the pokedex (to make it easier to complete the pokedex), and a top 10 most filled out Pokedex's on the stat's page.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#3 Post by Asha » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Maybe try and hold an event of some kind, something people will be interested and could actively partake in, something with a good prize at the end (say a rare one of a kind adoptable?) and this would need to be advertised massively through other forums for at least one to two months generate the interest in what this competition could be, then announce the competition and hopefully with enough interest and traffic though the site from advertising competitors will appear.

Unsure of what the competition could entail but a few suggestions could be:
1. Sprites - These suckers are good for drumming up interest and beginner spriters could find this as a good place to gain some confidence.

2. Incorporate an adoptable competition? - How you would go about this is beyond me...

3. A theme specific to Poliwager Forums including banner, footer, etc. - Unlikely to drum much interest but maybe a few pokemon enthusiasts have the ability,

4. Interactive pokemon quiz with leaderboards - each user can take the quiz and depending on the score depends on prize, highest scorer after a month wins a prize of some sort.

In terms of other ideas perhaps:

1. Emailing all previous users informing them of Poliwagers plight and that the forum needs them. Do the whole poliwag pointing poster thing, make an effort in drawing them back.

2. Email all members every now and then regarding new competitions etc, drum some interest.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Ash

My Adoptable Army

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#4 Post by Ostrid » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Bear with me, as this idea seems silly.
Imagine yourself, the new user, coming into our forums. Well, to them right now the forums seem more like a archive of old topics. Great conversations and memories that were made here. Now see that nobody actually posts here anymore. Honestly, I think the best way to make the forums attract new members it for us currently active members to make this place look active. That way, when a new member does join he can see that we're really trying to avoid making this place look like a ghost town. Nothing says welcoming like an active forum.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#5 Post by Asha » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:43 pm

I do actually agree with Ostrid. When I first came back I thought to myself wow this place seems dead, hence why I posted in as many sections of the forum I could think off making the homepage of the forum look more active. I wonder whether it is worth closing and/or removing old topics that no longer get any messages, lets say up to six months with no new posts? It would make the forum look quiet to begin with however it will look cleaner as old topics don't clutter the place.

My Adoptable Army

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#6 Post by Ostrid » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Hooray for drunkard ideas! Although I still stand behind it. I think we should clean out the old, dead topics that nobody checks out anymore. At least until we get some good activity going.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#7 Post by Asha » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Wait you were drunk when you suggested that??

My Adoptable Army

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#8 Post by Ostrid » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Just a little bit. Nothing too blasted. xD

Asha
Donor
Donor

#9 Post by Asha » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:22 pm

How did you manage to make sentences?? I can barely stand normally!!

Anyway back on topic :lol:

My Adoptable Army

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#10 Post by Ostrid » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:29 pm

I'll leave that side conversation with: I'm used to the intoxication xD

Aaaaaaaaaaaanayways, if Slix, who has the right to say no, decides to clean up the forums. I am willing to put some assistance down in hopes of making this place look clean.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.