Forum Clean Up Including Locked Threads

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Hey guys! As suggested in the recent Suggestion topic, I went ahead and locked a whole bunch of topics that haven't been posted in in around a year or longer. This might seem kind of drastic, but bear with us here. I have some answers to some questions you might have!

Why did you do this, Slix?

Old topics don't need to be revived generally, so I locked many of the older topics that appear in forums on the front pages of the forums themselves. Users then won't feel tempted to post in them, and instead should create new topics to discuss things in. It also makes it more obvious right now, until more topics are created anyway, where the newer topics are, and what can be posted in.

Should we repost topics we feel necessary to discuss?

Absolutely! This decision was meant to not only clean up old topics with posts by users that haven't been online in sometimes years, but it also means that we can have new life with new topics, even if they were once discussed before.

What if my topic needs to be opened for some reason?

PM me with the topic link and a brief description of why you need it reopened. This should be a last resort if the other options won't suffice for some reason.

Hopefully that all makes sense, and I look forward to seeing what you guys post about in the coming weeks! :D

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Ostrid
Poliwhirl Adult
Poliwhirl Adult

#2 Post by Ostrid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:50 am

Huzzah! My drunkard ideas came to fruition!

Asha
Donor
Donor

#3 Post by Asha » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Is this still happening or has it finished now?

My Adoptable Army

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:26 pm

It's pretty much finished at this point. Just gotta get those new topics rolling in. :)

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#5 Post by Asha » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Cheers for the update :)

My Adoptable Army

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Wed May 13, 2015 12:02 am

Another minor update with forum cleanup: I merged the technology discussion, video games, and avatar/signature/graphics forums together and placed them under the category of Entertainment. Until any of these become extremely active, they shall be merged for simplicity. :)

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.