Poliwager Forums' Current Status + 8th Birthday in April

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Hey guys! I originally posted this message on the main Poliwager.net site, but I figured I'd add it here to raise awareness of the message and what I'm hoping for in the coming weeks and months. Thank you for reading it, and thanks for any contribution to the Forums that you are able to give!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's been a while since I updated the main site here, but don't worry. Poliwager Adoptables is still going strong, with around 100 members online a month, and many more joining every week. If you haven't already, be sure to check it out, and check out the monthly events posted here! New Pokémon are still being added to the site on a regular basis as well.

Poliwager Forums has been getting some small updates as well, like the new Quick Reply "Post" and "Preview" buttons, as well as some minor styling changes. I finally changed the logo at the top to better match the Poliwager.net and Poliwager Adoptables' logos. In addition to all that though, I'm here bringing some somewhat sad news. Poliwager Forums, unlike Poliwager Adoptables, has been declining rapidly in activity recently. Many of the members that were active on the forums have gotten busy with life, school, and jobs, including myself. I understand that life gets in the way, and many people these days are choosing to connect with Pokémon fans over things like Twitter and Discord, but I firmly believe that forums have a great way of creating deep and meaningful friendships with people, as well as it being easier to search through posts on a forum than it is on a chatroom or social media.

So, with Poliwager Forums' 8th birthday approaching next month, on April 10, I'm asking for your help. We need a small group of people passionate about this community, and what it can become again. I'm asking for you to invest some time into getting Poliwager Forums back off the ground again, and to start creating some new and awesome friendships. This forum has always had a soft spot in my heart because some of my best online friends over the years I met through here. If you're new to Poliwager Forums, please take some time to look around, and introduce yourself, and jump right in. I know things aren't active right now, but if a few of us get conversations going, things will pick up! If you are nervous about diving into a new community alone, invite a friend! Share Poliwager on Twitter or Facebook.

We've gone through a rough spot of slowness on Poliwager Forums, but it doesn't have to be that way forever. Let's get things going again! Thank you so much for taking the time for reading this long and somewhat emotional post. Stay tuned for more information coming soon on promoting Poliwager as well. I hear there might be a giveaway soon...

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.