Big Database Change + New Pokédex Features

Read the newest announcments to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks for being patient today as I took the site down for a few hours to do some maintenance.

I suppose I should tell you all why I did what I did, and how it will affect Poliwager Adoptables moving forward. The original database that handled Pokémon data and Pokémon evolutions was very difficult to work with for branched evolutions (like Gloom or Poliwhirl), and it didn't have anything in place to handle new evolution methods, such as time of day evolutions (like Lucario), as well as gender differences (like Valentine's Squirtle). So, I set off to rework the entire database structure, and along with that, I had to recode pretty much the entire website to handle the new data.

So, what does this mean for you guys? Other than the fact that the code is much easier for me to manage, it also means that I can finally add in some Pokémon species I've been wanting to add for quite a while, like Wurmple's evolution family, and this also means that formes are officially recorded on the site, like Unown A, for example.

In addition, I also changed around the Pokédex page a little, as well as the Day Care Center, so they look a bit nicer. Also, I added a record of when new Pokémon eggs are laid, obtained (which was the only record before), and when the egg hatches, which you can see on its My Pokémon Stats page, or its Level Up page. This will give your Pokémon a little history, which I personally think is really neat.

Please let me know here in this topic if you encounter any bugs whatsoever on the site. Thanks again for letting me do this project, it's been a blast, and I'm really excited to see what you guys think!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm

I've fixed up a few minor bugs (mostly text things), but today I also added a new feature to the Pokédex page, one that includes the top 5, and optionally, top 100 of the Pokémon you're viewing, by total clicks, and by total views!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Today I added a new feature to the Pokédex. Now you can look through the list of Pokémon by Pokédex number as well as alphabetically. The Pokédex number sorting is also organized and divided by generations from the games (for instance, after Mew, #151, there is a divider line that says "Generation 2" to help you find the Pokémon you are looking for.

As always, if you would like to see any of the missing Pokémon evolution lines added to the Adoptables, please post them in this thread. :)

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.