Pokemon Bank

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#1 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 pm

NO, Nintendo, I DON'T want to pay to move my Pokemon from game to game with Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter. Does anyone else think this is RIDICULOUSLY idiotic? (Sorry, I'm a little pissed)
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

I agree, I'd rather not pay or have migrating not available at all in X and Y. I was hoping for the latter, actually.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#3 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm

I agree. It's kind of terrible that they give you like 10 pc boxes then ask you to pay for more.
...Wait, What?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Inside the game they actually give you 31, but you need to unlock then by placing at least one Pokémon in each box first and exiting the PC, and this gives you a total of 930 total Pokémon. Not bad, but I think there should have been more, regardless.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#5 Post by catdogmouse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Interesting. As you can see, I don't have many Pokemon in X yet :lol: But I guess I'll just let other people pay for Pokemon Bank then use the GTS to get all the Pokemon you can't get in game :D
...Wait, What?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Apparently now they're giving out Celebi for using it (and I think that includes the free trial period version). So I'll get that I think, just for the Celebi. And maybe migrate a Phione and some other starters or something.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#7 Post by catdogmouse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Yeah, I'll probably use the trial to transfer all of the Pokemon that you can't get through regular gameplay in X and Y, as well as get the Celebi. Though I might suck it up and pay the $5 a year if any more good events come with it.
...Wait, What?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:28 pm

The thing preventing me from wanting to pay (aside from the fact that it's yearly) is that I never really want to migrate my trained Pokémon from previous games. I never did that from Gen 4 to 5 and I won't from 5 to 6 either. Each new generation is a fresh start for me, so it's a shame that they want to keep allowing us to migrate our Pokémon, but to each their own.

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#9 Post by Nerdy12 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 pm

I usually just transfer legends and Jake the Charizard, my only surviving FR pokemon. It is extremely annoying that you need to pay, however. They should give you a unpaid service where you only transfer 6 pokemon at a time, then keep poke bank for the people who would use it more.
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

critter141151
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#10 Post by critter141151 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:33 pm

There's a thirty day trial starting on the 27th so my plan is basically to do it so I can get Celebi and then probably just wait until it runs out. I honestly don't have that much done on Pokemon White and I never got the second game since I found Diamond and Pearl to be a tad boring so I took a hiatus on pokemon for a while.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.