Chaining

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#1 Post by catdogmouse » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Has anyone found a good place with good Pokemon to chain at with the Pokeradar? I've been using the patch of grass near the other passage to Cyllage on Route 7... Anywhere else?
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#2 Post by Nerdy12 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I've been using the purple flowers (the square shaped patch) to chain Skiddo. Works well. I got a chain of 20 skiddo before breaking it... What happened you ask? I wasn't paying attention and pressed the run button... :evil:
I've never gotten more then 5 since.
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 pm

I too tried Route 7, but after trying it for a few days and being unsuccessful, I recommend breeding, because you can breed IVs and Egg Moves and Natures easily. But best of luck if you continue!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Nerdy12
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#4 Post by Nerdy12 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm

I too tried Route 7, but after trying it for a few days and being unsuccessful, I recommend breeding, because you can breed IVs and Egg Moves and Natures easily. But best of luck if you continue!
I agree. The only bad thing about breeding is that it is unbelievably boring. But if you do something else such as TV, reading, Poliwager adoptables... It can make the time go by in a flash!
Come see the Girafarig Army, in Poliwager's very own Clubs and Clans! We started in Marriland, drop by and say hello!

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#5 Post by Gluttony » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 am

There's a fairly large patch of grass on Route 2 that's nice for chaining some early-game Pokémon like Pidgey, Fletchling, Bunnelby, and Scatterbug.

There's also several large patches of flowers on Route 7 for stuff like Flebébé, Roselia, Spritzee, Swirlix, Croagunk, Ducklett, and Smeargle.

Haven't tried it in these locations myself yet, but Route 5 also has a big useful-looking flower patch (with Pokémon like Abra, Gulpin, Doduo, Plusle, Minun, Furfrou, Skiddo, Pancham), and route 12 has an okay (though not great) spot just north of the gate to Shalour city (with Pokémon like Slowpoke, Exeggcute, Slowpoke, Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross, Miltank, Pachirisu, and Chatot).

Routes 18, 19, 21, and 22 also each have at least one grass or flower patch that may be easily-used for chaining.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#6 Post by catdogmouse » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I might stick with Route 7, considering I really like Shiny Floette. But who knows, I'll let you all know if I find anywhere else or have any success!
...Wait, What?

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#7 Post by Gluttony » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Which shiny Floette are you looking for?

I'm a fan of shiny blue Florges, personally.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#8 Post by catdogmouse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:52 pm

White or blue, preferably. I'll be happy with any of them though.
...Wait, What?

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.