IV Breeding in Pokémon X and Y

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Since it is a lot easier in X and Y to breed "perfect" IV Pokemon, I've gotten fairly good at it over the past few weeks.

Anyone else try their hand at it yet? Do you regularly IV breed? Easy, hard?

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#2 Post by Gluttony » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Part of it is luck, but it's definitely far easier than it was in previous generations.

I've bred a few Battle Maison teams with perfect (or near-perfect) IVs, and they've all done quite well so far. I've not yet won a super challenge (keep getting messed up by critical hits and the like in the later rounds, usually in the range of rounds 40 to 49, but the fact that I've been consistently getting to that point, whereas my unbred teams usually only reach the 20 to 30 rounds speaks volumes.

So far I've bred:
Tropius
Mawile
Seismitoad
Slowbro
Slurpuff
Volcarona
Greninja

...And I'm working on a Kangaskhan at the moment, though that one's been slow so far due to my lack of a Ditto safari.

fantanoice
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#3 Post by fantanoice » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 am

I've been trying to breed my first perfect Pokemon. The one I've been working on is Pineco. I got a few 5IVs (one of them being 0Spd) but haven't gotten a 6IV one yet. I'll continue trying!
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
>> Twitch | Youtube <<

smallboy11
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#4 Post by smallboy11 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 am

I've tried, but haven't succeeded, I really need a ditto from friend safari.
Please Click:

My Mewtwo Team:

SSJX
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#5 Post by SSJX » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:56 pm

IV Breeding is now so easy that I, a person who knew nothing of how to normal and IV breed when I tried in the past and didn't understand any of it, now has perfect and flawless Pokémon. It just takes time to breed and chain breed. I didn't even know how to EV Train either, but I learned how to do it the old way, but Super Training doesn't take so much effort so I do that instead. I know of the Time Machine method, but I don't want to do that and rather breed the regular way.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.